As a member of the Fortinet Operations team, you will assume a pivotal role in shaping the network infrastructure and participate in key design & topology decisions.
You will be expected to come up to speed quickly and take on a leadership role in a hard-working and collaborative team. We have high expectations and are looking for a seasoned professional with experience in a wide range of areas. Your time will be split between pure networking and collaborating with Engineers to deliver a state-of-the-art metrics & monitoring platform.
You must be self-motivated, capable of managing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision but value team collaboration. You place a high value on uptime/availability & fault-tolerance.
· Act as an internally-facing point of contact to escalate technical issues, and communicate network status
· Act as an externally-facing point of contact to maintain relations with network peers and vendors
· Expose/emit robust metrics to facilitate monitoring network stability and performance
· Consult and provide data-driven recommendations on infrastructure decisions for projects as they are being specified and developed
- Strong Ubuntu/Debian knowledge
- Network routing protocol knowledge. BGP preferred. Anycast experience a plus
- Familiarity with Chef or puppet is helpful but can be learned on job
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Scripting/tools ability (for integration into the systems metrics/monitoring)
- Familiarity with common web application stacks - LAMP & Java
- Ability to document and update processes
- Experience and flexibility regarding on-call duties (you will be in the escalation path)
- 4+ years of experience with enterprise-level network infrastructure
- Previous experience with multi-datacenter environments and high-availability service support
- Four-year college degree in related field.