- Provide technical expertise to the identification, design, modification and implementation of integrated services and technologies at the Enterprise level.
- Performs Tier III systems administration of UNIX/Solaris server systems connected to local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN).
- Provide system management involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups. Interaction may involve the exchange or presentation of technical information
- Systems installation and configuration, troubleshooting, security management
- Planning and installation of third party software
- The operation of a web-based system or a multi-server or local area network
- Experience with Virtualized Solaris environment, specifically utilizing Logical Domains
- Storage Area Networks configuration and administration experience
- Experience installing, configuring and administering web and directory servers
- Backup/Restore/Recovery planning and execution experience
- Candidate must posess at minimum Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Experience administering Solaris 10, 11 and RedHat Enterprise 5.x systems
- Solaris certification is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of other Internet Protocols (i.e. DNS, LDAP, Telnet, SMTP, SNMP)
- Perl and shell script programming experience
- Knowledge of system security, system integration principles and technologies of multiple operating systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor on projects ranging from small to large, simple to complex.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.