WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command, the Maryland Department of Transportation, and Howard County, Maryland.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
System Administrator 2
The project is seeking an experienced full-time self-directed candidate with strong system administrator skills and an understanding of software development. This individual will be responsible for working with the team to deploy, maintain, and tune IAWE applications. Specific tasks include: Set up Apache load balancing across servers, profile and performance tune Tomcat, servers, set up automated failover and Tomcat server restart, general linux administration tasks (crons, server monitoring, scripts to automate tasks, etc.), assist with setting up and optimizing databases, troubleshoot production issues and providing on call support, plan and manage good DNS names with certificates for all OZONE applications and services.
MANDATORY Requirement: Candidate must possess a Top Secret clearance with Fullscope polygraph.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Unix or Windows System Administrator, to include, but not limited to: Installing/loading operating system software; Troubleshooting and Maintaining the integrity of and configuring network components; Installing windows manager; Performing BEA WebLogic administration; Implementing operating system enhancements that improve reliability and performance; Administrating multiple operating systems, including UNIX and Windows.
- Experience administering WWW Servers such as Apache.
- Experience administering Application Servers such as JBoss, Tomcat
- Networking skills: TCP/IP, NFS, FTP, DNS, SNMP, OpenLDAP
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as: Nagios, Cacti, Smokeping, OpenNMS
- Experience administering version control system such as SVN
- Familiarity with system logging such as Syslog-ng, SEC
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, Ability to work independently – must be a self-starter. Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with database management: MySQL.
- Network security experience: SSL & SSH, Access and authorization – PKI, chain trusting, Central Authentication System, Threat model development, Vulnerability assessments, HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes).