Responsible for supporting and maintaining the MMS computer systems, including ensuring that servers are backed up and server data is secure from unauthorized access. Also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners. Assists senior team members with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of projects and also assists other teams with technical issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides level 2 support for any computer or network problems that should arise within MMS.
• Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
• Works closely with various system owners and provides ongoing support.
• Installs new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software applications.
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities. Configures /adds new services as necessary.
• Performs light programming (usually scripting, which involves writing programs to automate tasks).
• Reviews, escalates, resolves, and closes various tickets in the Altiris Help Desk queue.
• Documents network, server, and system functions using tools, such as, Visio, Microsoft Word, network portals, and other documentation tools.
• May be required to work flexible hours, carry a duty pager, rotate through ON-CALL shift, and respond to network or system outages in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of MS Project and basic project management skills
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and interoperability with various network devices such as switches, routers, and firewalls
• Knowledge of MS Windows, SUN Solaris, and VMware operating systems
• Knowledge of information security techniques to maintain a secure and efficient work environment
• Knowledge of Filenet or other data entry and document imaging applications
• Knowledge of Dell or HP servers and experience with warranty support
• Working knowledge of network tools, such as, Visio, Wireshark, etc.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Basic understanding of MS SQL and Oracle databases
• Basic understanding of SAN architecture
• Ability to communicate with other employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or Computer Science
• 4-6 years experience supporting a LAN in a medium to large size environment.
• 2 years experience supporting Windows XP or Windows Vista.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Symantec Antivirus, Internet Explorer, VPN, and remote access.
• Working knowledge of Virtualization technologies, IIS, SharePoint, and SQL Server.
• A+ or Server+
• Network + or equivalent
• Security + or equivalent
• Microsoft Certification
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft, VMware, and/or Unix
• Hardware / Software Vendor Certifications., i.e. Cisco, Checkpoint, Nortel, etc.
• PMP and CISSP also helpful
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online. Be sure to let us know you are a current employee by selecting “Molina Employee (current) in the source section of the online application.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...