WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Provide and supervise set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware; Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces; Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Mid-level Linux System Administrator troubleshoots and resolves most Linux based issues; Scripting experience preferred, but not required; Some network experience a plus.
Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
- Must be able to work a 12 hour rotating shift (3 on, 3 off; 4 on, 4 off; 14 straights)
- AS degree in a technically related field (Comp Support Technology, Electronics Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Network Engineering)
- Five (5) years experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and troubleshooting of LAN at Tier II level in UNIX/Linux environment, computer hardware and software
- Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software
- Experience providing assistance to users
- Experience optimizing system operations
- Experience ensuring compliance with licensing agreements and system currency
- The following certifications can each be substituted for one (1) year of experience each (max 3 years substituted): Oracle, Java, C++, MCSE/MCP, Linux, Solaris, Cisco, VMware, SUN Network Administrator, CDFM, DAU, and DAWIA or certification specific to the Labor Category
Wood Consulting - 13 months ago