The System Administrator Principal Leader will be performing Infrastructure Implementation and Production Support. This is a full time opportunity. Must be willing to work a rotating on-call schedule.
Strong knowledge and experience in the installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of the following:
IBM Websphere - Expert/Senior level
Microsoft Windows 2003/2008
Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
IBM DB2 UDB
Knowledge of clustering technologies (software and hardware)
Security best practices, patching, server hardening
Installation and configuration of custom insurance application packages
Knowledge and/or experience in the following:
Citrix administration and troubleshooting
Subversion Version Control System
ASP, Java, Perl/Other Scripting Programming
Microsoft Exchange Administration
Virtualization software - VMware
Encryption - SFTP/PGP/Web site certificates
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with client management to formulate highly complex technical solutions. Identifies and implements solutions based on client needs. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness of cost and compatibility. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates reviews as appropriate.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required. Implements solutions and refines procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures. Conducts usability and costing studies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of technical experience in a client-server environment
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong ability to lead and work as part of a team
AppLabs - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...