BoardVantage is looking for an experienced Senior System Administrator. The successful candidate will have experience in computer design and support functions. This includes: Linux, Windows, and Mac operating environments in office and production settings. This position reports to the Director of IT.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline plus 6+ years work experience; or equivalent.
- Expertise in UNIX system architecture and Linux operating systems and utilities, with minimum of 4 years in the Linux environment.
- Extensive experience in computer system support tasks, including but not limited Linux OS installations and upgrades, NIS/NIS+ and NFS implementation, third party software builds, IT security measures evaluation and implementation
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system problems and offer solutions, system and network performance measurement and tuning, and support end users in a distributed environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with web server setup including Apache or Tomcat, and database applications installations including Mysql.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities and workload in a mission critical operations support environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well in a team environment and customer focused.
- Proficient in managing load balancer, F5 preferred; VPN devices and VMware products.
- Experience with Linux operating systems as a system designer, system programmer, or lead system administrator.
- Working knowledge of jumpstart, kickstart (Linux), SAN architecture, and LDAP implementations. Knowledge of CDE, Unix shells, shell scripts, Perl, and IP routing protocols. Knowledge of Intel based hardware system and components.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and being pro-active in process and products/services improvement.
- System design, system integration, and system administration functions in the Instrument Software Systems Section for heterogeneous computing environment with diversified customer base
- System OS and other third party software installation and upgrades, large storage array management, file system management and allocation, system security evaluation and implementation, user support and user problem resolution, system software and limited hardware troubleshooting, and lead other system support activities. -- -manage user accounts, file systems, and backups.
- Create and/or maintain system design documents and operational procedures.
- Participate in new computing technology evaluation, trade-off studies, and system design and configuration activities.
- Company Paid Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Time with Personal Days
BoardVantage - 14 months ago
BoardVantage is a preeminent software-as-a-service company located in Silicon Valley. Our primary solution is a secure, hosted portal that...