When you decide to join the Digicon team, you gain the benefit of peace of mind. Our clients and partners choose us because we give them the innovations, solutions, and worry-free support that they need to excel. Our employees choose us because we offer the diverse career avenues, cutting-edge work, and corporate culture of stability, camaraderie, and work-life balance that they deserve. Approach the future with clarity and confidence—join Digicon.
We are currently in search for a System Administrator to work at our client site in Rockville, MD. This is a full-time employee position with Digicon Corporation.
Position Description :
This position is responsible for the design, management, and administration of the Standard Image and Patch Management for the Apple and Windows workstations and laptops in an enterprise IT infrastructure in an environment with Linux, Windows, and Apple servers.
The preferred candidate will possess strong analysis and decision-making skills with the ability to conduct briefings and participate in technical cross-functional meetings; strong commitment to process and understanding of change and configuration management principles in support of a validated environment.
The position will require candidates to collaborate with Data Center, Linux, Apple Macintosh, Microsoft Windows, Oracle Administrators and Project Managers. This is a customer service-focused environment with the business needs of a scientific environment, as well as high reliability and a 24 x 7 up time.
Skills and Experience Required :
- Manage various images and patches using tools like Absolute Manage for Apple and Windows workstations.
- Experience with Apple Open Directory & Windows Active Directory/Group Policy management to enforce settings on Apple and Windows workstations.
- Manage and support whole disk encryption using tools like File Vault and Bit locker.
- Scripting with power shell, knowledge of packagers like Apple Install Package, Windows MSI, and InstallShield.
- Proactive communication to manage scope and schedule for multiple priorities.
- Participate and adhere to change management processes.
- Customer Service Focus – Business Needs (Support Science), Reliability, Up Time (24 x7) etc.
- Resolve escalated issues from Tier 2 and Tier 3 to assist desktop support team.
- Design and implement disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain and monitor daily backup jobs.
- Actively monitor IT maintained systems with monitoring tools such as Nagois.
- Be available on page for monitors and alerts during after hours.
- Rack and stack servers and network equipment.
Additional Skills and Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or equivalent.
- MCSE, Apple Certified Professional – desired.
Digicon Corporation, founded in 1985, is a full-service Information Technology solutions provider with numerous nationwide clients and over 300 employees. We offer exciting and diverse careers in federal, state and local, and commercial arenas throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area and beyond. As an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides comprehensive and flexible benefits packages, Digicon is dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse community of exceptional professionals. Visit http://www.digicon.com/careers.html for more information.
- Knowledge of Linux – desired
- Federal and NIH experience - desired
- Absolute Manage / LanRev - desired
All candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer and able to pass a background check. No relocation assistance is available. EOE M/F/D/V.
We continue to maintain Digicon's reputation of delivering high-quality Information Technology products and services to businesses of all...