G&B Solutions, Inc., has an excellent opportunity for a System Administrator in Kansas City, MO:
Candidate will maintain the user base of a Federal Government Regional Office in Kansas City, MO. Responsibilities include assisting users by phone and email, trouble ticket creation, documentation, tracking, and resolution. User desk side support for laptops, desktops, and peripherals. Operating Systems are currently a mixed environment of Windows XP Professional and Windows 7. The candidate will be required to assist the Kansas City Office and their remote users to completely upgrade to Windows 7. The candidate will be required to assist with server administration of Windows Server 2008 servers. Required coverage is for normal business hours Monday through Friday with all server maintenance scheduled during day time hours on the weekend.
• Diagnose causes of PC and server hardware problems/failures and repair/replace/adjust faulty PC and server hardware components.
• Perform preventive maintenance as specified by the Government.
• Install boards, peripheral devices, new PCs and servers, etc., including making any necessary network connections.
• Move, reinstall and configure PCs, servers and other devices.
• Work with higher-level staff on system hardware and software problems, cable plant redesigns and expansions, cable plant documentation, etc.
• Provide technical support for stand-alone and network printers, including the high capacity, high-speed printers.
• Provide end user help to staff in the use of standard operating system software and commercial software such as Microsoft Office.
• Diagnose and resolve system software/hardware maintenance problems.
• Provide a full range of network support services, including but not limited to installing, configuring and optimizing network, server, and PC hardware and software and performing approved server and network administration tasks.
• Assist with approved technology deployments and upgrades.
• Perform systems integration work.