The System Administrator position is responsible for performing system administration services to include; installation, maintenance, operational and continuous improvement of the software and systems for the organization. The goal is to ensure operational, technology services that provide maximum availability for the business customers, our members, partners and vendors. The Administrator supports planning, standards, performance and tuning, and disaster recovery. This role requires systems level forecasting and planning, small size project management duties, and support of enterprise IT system performance reporting. This role provides detailed data center and system documentation, designs, implementation plans, migration/rollback strategies, and disaster recovery plans.
- Perform daily monitoring, verify integrity, availability and performance, monitor system and application logs, completion of scheduled jobs and back-ups have completed and have moved to appropriate media/off-site. Performs quality control procedures.
- Perform application installation, setup/configuration, produce process flows and documentation and manage application upgrades to provide availability for the business customers, members, partners, and vendors.
- Provide Tier 2/Tier 3 incident support; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve.
- Provide project leadership/support for IT and Business Unit projects.
- Provide system performance and departmental metrics reporting for all windows server based systems.
- Computer Science or other technology related college degree highly preferred, but not required. Training and direct operational experience can substitute for an applicable degree.
- One year experience with implementation, operations, system and application patching and support of data processing operations and system administration. Work experience supporting financial institution systems is required.
- Proficiency with scripting, MS-Systems, and SQL.
- Hours are generally Monday - Friday between 7am – 6pm, flexibility is required to support after hours business needs and travel on nights and weekends as required. On-call time is required.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Participation in on-call rotation supporting a 24 x 7 processing environment.
Greene Resources - 19 months ago