Responsible for managing the datacenter infrastructure for BestBuy.com. A small team of 4 people work together to continuously maintain and improve the infrastructure. Standardizing the automation of the Datacenter for Bestbuy.com
Managing, automating, testing, deploying the infrastructure. The team is heavily invested in Opscode Chef. All components of the infrastructure will be configured using Chef.
- Manage a multi-origin, zero-downtime, highly scalable web infrastructure.
- Build, scale, and secure www.bestbuy.com infrastructure, focusing specifically on a fully automated Linux environment
- Design, develop and improve automation and tools for systems management, including development of scripts for our fully automated environment with Opscode Chef
- Lead efforts on introducing new technologies into the environment that adhere to our operational best practices.
- Automating and Standardizing Infrastructure
- 5 or more years of experience with Linux systems administration (Kernel Tuning, Application Tuning, Standard Administration)
- 5 or more years of experience implementing technologies such as: Apache w/ mod_jk, Tomcat/JBoss, (Graphite, Ganglia, Nagios or similar)
- 3 or more years experience with scripting languages (Ruby, Perl, Python)
- 3 or more years experience with emerging web technologies
- 3 or more years experience with Git or SVN
- Experience with Virtualization (VMWare) and physical hardware
- Experience with Cobbler/Kickstart/PXE booting
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in large environments with many moving pieces
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet)
- Local candidates preferred. Work has already started.
Horizontal Integration participates in Everify
Horizontal Integration - 7 months ago