SAP BASIS Administrator position.
This administrator will troubleshoot database related issues and do proactive monitoring of the system databases.
Additional responsibilities include the administration and maintenance of small to medium enterprise systems.
Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and patch SAP systems in support of business processing requirements and consistent with the overall design of the organization's applications systems architecture.
Day to day monitoring of our SAP landscape which includes ECC, Solution Manager, BI, Portal, and Business Objects.
Will perform administration tasks for small to medium enterprise systems including installations, configuration, system monitoring, patching, upgrading, production issue resolution, help desk tickets, proactive performance monitoring, active participation on development and implementation efforts, and general analysis and support. May require instruction and guidance on more highly complex tasks.
Ensure systems data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
Works within established IT policies and procedures.
Will manage mid-size projects, which include:
Meeting with potential vendors and provide input to produce feasible solution options and recommendations.
This position requires general supervision and she/he is expected to work independently.
Expected to act as a role model and provide technical guidance to entry level System Administrators.
- Understanding and documenting business needs and technical requirements;
- Conducting project initiations (e.g. run requirement workshops to identify project concept)
- Developing procurement documents (RFI/RFQ/RFP’s)
- Competent to install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and patch SAP systems.
- Day to day monitoring of our SAP landscape which includes ECC, Solution Manager, BI, Portal, and Business Objects.
- Competent to perform administration tasks for other small to medium enterprise systems including installations, configuration, system monitoring, patching, upgrading, production issue resolution, help desk tickets, proactive performance monitoring, active participation on development and implementation efforts, and general analysis and support. May require instruction and guidance on more highly complex tasks.
- Independently troubleshoot increasingly difficult problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to adhere to and work within established IT policies and procedures and report any deviations from such policies.
- Able to become knowledge of NYPA’s and IT’s policies, procedures, and practices as well as industry-wide policies and practices. Must have an understanding of various laws and regulations and how they affect or can be applied to NYPA. Solid understanding of related disciplines, divisions and /or departments, and their interaction with the incumbent’s assignments.
- Able to manage small to medium sized project independently.
- Must be able to complete a multi-aspect or multi-phase project.
- Must demonstrate ability to view tasks logically, break them down into essential requirements, and generate a solution applying accepted standards. Costs and time constraints must be considered.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to produce finished reports and specs which explain recommendations in a clear, concise, and articulate fashion. These documents should require little or no editing by supervisors.
- In addition to excellent interpersonal skills, foundation level group presentation skills are required to handle in-house presentations.
- Must be forthcoming with information on solutions to issues and be able to work cooperatively on a team dependent on a high level of trust.
- Minimum 4 years quality experience (or a minimum of 6 years of directly related experience for non-degree holders) including at least 4 years in an applications development and support environment.
- SAP BASIS administration required, 3 years.
- enterprise system administration, 2 years.
- Oracle database monitoring and/or administration, 1-2 years preferred.
The New York Power Authority (NYPA) is the nation’s largest state power organization, operating 17 generating facilities and more than...