The Systems Administrator (SA) will be responsible for supporting the design, installation, and maintenance of our corporate infrastructure, with a focus on Microsoft Windows based systems. This includes assessing performance, optimizing the functionality of the existing network, and providing necessary maintenance and support for all hardware and software systems. MCITP or MCSE certification a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimize server performance and availability through consistent monitoring and recommendation of system enhancements and/or process improvements
- Implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Assist in system back-up and restore procedures and participate in the development of security and disaster planning policies.
- Support/maintain/troubleshoot/upgrade all IT infrastructure systems, including Active-Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SharePoint, as well as other Enterprise Level servers and client based network printers, desktops, laptops, and network equipment
- Monitor network metrics to identify adverse trends, provide recommendations and execute improvements to network configuration
- Make recommendations for hardware and network improvements
- Lead efforts related to system failures and network outages for service restoration and root cause analysis
- Create appropriate documentation for all hardware and network systems
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support to on-site and remote employees, including corporate software installs, printer setup, workstation setup, and extensive diagnosing of desktop/laptop software/hardware problems, including management of support from third party vendors
- Assist with project management for integration and deployment of networking and hardware to new sites
Skills and Experience
- Microsoft server and active directory
- Familiar with virtualized environments, VMWare experience a plus
- Understand DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP
- Experience with LAN and WAN technology
- Knowledge of MPLS and VOIP solutions
- MCITP certification required
- Bachelor's degree preferred if less than 5 years experience, but relevant job experience will be considered
ReCommunity is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and is a leading recycling and recovery company that is focused on dramatically...