Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Currently, we have a great opportunity for an experienced System Administrator in our Santa Monica, CA office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with the Riot Games operations team to establish and maintain a high performance, highly available game service infrastructure. The role involves working with the Systems Admin group and development teams to design and implement all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general system needs.
If you want to work in a fun, fast-paced and creatively challenging environment, this is the place for you.
- Assist with Systems Administration of production and development environments
- Help create innovative solutions to automate systems administration functions
- Share 24/7/365 on call production systems critical problem responsibilities
- Help troubleshoot and solve issues with hardware, applications, and network components
- Evaluate and implement hardware and software technologies to improve game efficiency and performance
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Linux (RHEL4/5, CentOS4/5, Ubuntu)
- Experience with some or all of the following: Netfilter, HA - LVS, Apache (httpd, tomcat, activeMQ), mysql, PXE, snmp, monitoring (nagios, cacti), dns, dhcp/bootp, nfs
- Scripting and programming skills (shell, awk, perl, php)
- Strong background/interest in application and infrastructure design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with high-capacity, internet-based infrastructures
- Experience working with distributed caching solutions and data grids, most specifically Oracle Coherence