Job Summary: The Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation and support of key technology systems for ThreatTrack Security. Develop and implement technology solutions that deliver high levels of system performance and reliability. The Systems Administrator is responsible for the company’s internal network and to assist in deploying Research and Development Solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, and monitor the operation of the organization's network servers.
- Manage and monitor the operational duties of system backup, recovery and security.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades.
- Ensure user satisfaction by providing technical assistance while troubleshooting and resolving more complex issues of operations, installations, setup, error messages, and downtime procedures.
- Assist and coordinate escalation of critical issues to appropriate technical resources.
- Provide user communication.
- Monitor applications and systems that provide business processing to a global community.
- Monitor applications and systems that provide protection to infrastructure related systems.
- Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure proper operation of computer equipment and software.
- Translate user requirements and system objectives into logical, efficient, and practical system designs.
- Prepare detailed file, database and program specifications from which new systems will be developed and existing systems modified.
- Develop code and testing systems to ensure adequacy in meeting business requirements.
- Develop detailed specifications for the creation of new or modified programs, including the recommendation of logical designs, record/report layouts, and screen designs.
- Design program logic to perform business requirements efficiently and reliably.
- Develop and execute unit and systems test plans that will thoroughly exercise program system integration.
- Prepare supporting documentation as required.
- Conduct research regarding user requests for new/modified systems or problem resolution.
- May supervise assistant and interns; may be responsible for all of their duties and responsibilities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently, one on one, and in a group/team setting.
- Must have experience in shell scripting: Bash, Powershell, Perl.
- Must have experience in Windows server administration skills and experience.
- Must have experience in Linux platforms specifically Redhat and Ubuntu
- Must have experience in Web Servers: IIS and Apache
- Must have experience in VMware deployment and troubleshooting
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Education / Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required; Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification, Redhat RHCE or RHCSA, VMWare VCP or desired.
- Require 3-5 years of experience in Systems Administration in an Enterprise environment with concentrations in, Microsoft Windows, VMware, and Linux