Professional , Full Time , - , IT & Telecommunication , Information Technology
arvato digital services llc , Business unit: arvato North America , WEAVERVILLE , North Carolina ID: 228565
Will be responsible for administering Windows Server Systems and the VMware environment as necessary, installing new hardware and software, performing hardware and software upgrades, and level 1 and 2 technical support.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Exchange Email Systems
- In-depth knowledge of VMware virtual infrastructure
- Proactively monitor the server environment. Identify and eliminate problems. Design and maintain the PC Server environment. Monitor server performance and uptime
- Provide first and second level helpdesk support when necessary
- Configure, specify, and submit orders for Server and LAN equipment.
- Install new Server hardware and software.
- Coordinate training requests and recommend training classes.
- Administer the Active Directory, PC Systems and LAN as necessary concerning setting up new users, granting user authorities and security, removing and disabling user accounts, and mailboxes.
- Assist in administration of system backups.
- Assist in testing and rollout of new systems.
- Ensure that PCs are updated with current virus protection and software patches.
- Utilize Helpdesk software to monitor problem trends and recommend solutions.
- Configure and install switches and other LAN equipment as required.
- Regularly and consistently document all computer related information.
- Analyze recurring problems and develop “Near zero administration solutions”.
- Consult users/departments in using server based PC applications.
- Develop and implement procedures for service quality improvement.
- Train helpdesk staff on basic troubleshooting and configuration.
- Prepare infrastructure design proposals and project plans.
- Manage Projects relating to IT infrastructure.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Manager PC and LAN Support.
- Customer Communication Skills for IT Professionals.
- Technical writing.
- Project Management Essentials
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2008 server and Active Directory design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Exchange 2007/2010 system design and implementation, including clustered environments and anti-spam and anti-virus measures
- Strong working knowledge of VMware infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Citrix environments.
- Knowledge of MS SQL server environments.
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint environments.
- Experienced with PC and LAN/WAN communications and connectivity.
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and other network protocols and services.
- Monitoring of Windows-based systems and services utilizing multiple applications (Nagios, MOM, etc).
- Five years of experience with PC hardware/software installation and support.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary.
- The ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds and PC expertise.
- Should be able to think logically and work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC hardware/software and LAN problems.
- Must possess strong sense of confidentiality.
- Must be stress resilient and flexible.
- Must be team and goal oriented.
- Must be analytical, a problem solver.
- BS in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- A+, Network +, or equivalent or better Certification.
- MCSE, MCSA
About our company:
- May lift up to 60 lbs. to relocate PC terminals/printers.
- Able to work overtime and weekends, if required.
- Available after hours to participate in an “on-call” rotation.
arvato digital services llc offers integrated service packages in the Video, Audio, Games and IT/Technology sectors. The service chain covers post-production, replication, fulfillment, distribution/supply chain management, financial services and electronic content distribution. Innovative end-to-end IT systems support the entire process chain.
arvato digital services llc's stability, expertise and capacity to handle enormous volume set us apart. Our solutions reach deeply into the customer realms of our clients, both end-user and reseller, adding value and positively impacting their market positions.
arvato digital services llc is a division of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
Thank you for your interest in arvato digital services llc.
Submit application to:
Please apply through the online application process.
For more information, please visit our Web Site:
Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA - 21 months ago