Careers at DMI
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Systems Analyst for a Federal Government customer on a long-term contract in the Martinsburg/Kearneysville, WV area.
The Naval and Electronics Supply Support System (NESSS) is part of the suite of systems known as Vessel Logistics Systems (VLS). NESSS is a fully integrated system that links the functions of provisioning and cataloging, unit configuration, supply and inventory control, procurement, depot-level maintenance and property accountability, and a full financial ledger.
The Systems Analyst will report to the Project Control Specialist (PCS) and will play a vital role in the system and software development processes by working with end users, management, and teams to see the “big picture” in identifying, analyzing, and recommending solutions to potential issues and opportunities. Be able to acquire a thorough operational understanding of the NESSS application. This includes the system platform (hardware, DB, and OS), the user interfaces, and the structure and content of the databases, etc. Knowledge will be gained from customer communication and working closely with the NESSS developers, DBAs, and SAs.
The Systems Analyst will:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analyze and develop requirements and technical specifications for highly complex computer systems and computer system components possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business and records management functions.
- Provide high level expertise in developing complex software applications involving new technologies, methods, concepts or approaches.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates and user representatives, and Government managers.
- Develop technical specifications and implementation plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyze aspects of proposed system modifications to fully identify impacts of changes to system and user interfaces, system usage and performance requirements, availability requirements, etc.
- Analyze and define the problem and the information to be processed, and develop system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
- Coordinate closely with programmers, SAs and DBAs to ensure proper implementation of program, system specifications and detailed design documentation
- Develop, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
- Perform required analysis of information management and data requirements, of practical alternative approaches, and design of computer systems.
- Meet with Project Officer, Subject Matter Experts to review requirements, discuss technical approaches, and to formulate plans for technical support.
- Perform required detail analysis of information management and data requirements.
- Provide project status updates describing the state of assigned deliverables, accomplishments, and significant risk items.
- Prepare project schedules, estimate work duration and detailed tasks for input into project schedules.
- Facilitate, participate and contribute in project meetings.
- Adhere to OSC Policies, Procedures and Practices affecting work products such as: Change Management, Configuration Management, and Quality Assurance.
- Main point of contact for Remedy Help Desk tickets
- Communicate frequently with customers to obtain and clarify requirements and address testing issues
- Work closely with developers to analyze issues, opportunities and test defects
- Develop project related deliverables such as project schedules, project management plans, risk analysis workbooks, project workbooks
- Use various tools (Toad, PL/SQL Developer) to write and execute SQL scripts and stored procedures to analyze issues/opportunities and validate test results
- Serve as technical lead or main point of contact for projects
- Prepare test plans, support testers with documenting and executing test cases, producing test reports and coordinating user acceptance testing.
- Working knowledge of Oracle 11g database concepts
- In depth knowledge of system and software development life cycle processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to interact with users to derive, clarify, document and communicate requirements and to define discrete business and system requirements that are traceable and testable.
- Experience in structured process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Advanced skills with data analysis and problem solving
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Linux OS and scripting
- COGNOS reports
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to take ownership of projects and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to innovate and learn new technologies and techniques.
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours (work hours are mostly consistent but occasionally necessitate flexible hours).
- Ability to travel occasionally (i.e. knowledge acquisition, JAD/RAD meetings, briefings, etc).
- Experience with Oracle Forms and Reports
- Green belt or Black belt certification
- Federal Financial and Federal Supply experience
- Experience with the Team Foundation Server
- Experience with Logistics systems.
- PMP certification
Masters degree and four years relevant experience, OR Bachelors degree and seven years relevant experience, OR AS/AA degree or Industry Standard Certification and 10 years relevant experience
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.
Digital Management, Inc. - 11 months ago
Founded in 2002, Digital Management is an information technology strategy and solutions company focused on servicing the needs of a Federal...