SYSTEMS ARCHITECT 3 (65832)
Information Systems - Analyst
Security Clearance : NACI
Clearance Status : Must be Obtainable
Schedule : Full Time
Type of Travel : None
Percent of Travel Required : None
Duties and Responsibilities:
Constructs the overall system architecture of the information system, to include external and internal interface analysis, internal interface definition, and functional requirement allocations.
Performs disciplined systems architectures as it relates to Information Systems and Engineering.
Establishes system architectural design and functional requirements for the information systems, to include external and internal interface analysis, definition and requirement allocation.
Works with cutting edge technologies and innovative equipment to design, develop, analyze, and execute technical solutions in support of customer architectural and engineering development and requirements, and evaluation and analysis of current and future technology.
Identifies discrepancies between the enterprise technical architecture and systems designs proposed by project teams, and assist project teams in resolving the discrepancies.
Builds and uses analysis models and techniques to support the evaluation of current and proposed future architectures.
Identifies architectural and technology risks with the potential to impact customer or company IS plans; develops goals and plans to mitigate risks.
Defines IT architecture issues and allocates requirements. Identifies hardware and software architectural needs and solutions.
Designs protocols applicable to assigned projects and system needs.
Designs real-time software applications on selected platforms.
Establishes project development practices to achieve reliable results.
May act as an advisor to IS system engineers and proposes changes to the enterprise technical architecture based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
Works closely with systems users to provide guidance in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns.
Adheres to configuration management and documentation practices.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of data modeling principles
- Practical experience in logical and physical data modeling to support OLTP applications
- Experience in metadata creation and management
- Experience in data analysis and data integration
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of information requirements and to assist users and other stakeholders to identify and clarify data definitions and business rules
- Experience with forward and reverse engineering of complex schemas using data modeling tools (ERwin)
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-project environment
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrated through previous experience interacting with business analysts, systems engineers and developers
Required Qualifications: Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related (large-scale information system architecture) experience.
- Experience managing metadata in a repository or supporting a data management program
- Experience with data warehouse design and dimensional data modeling
- Understanding of enterprise information and data management principles and value of enterprise data management
- Experience with business process modeling and data requirements discovery
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture, web services, and canonical data models
- Experience with data quality programs, data profiling and data cleansing techniques
- Bachelors degree + 6 years of experience. Equivalent knowledge and experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
CACI International - 2 years ago
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,...