Free Health Care (Employee and Family)
SUMMARY: The Senior Systems Architect's role is to strategically design and implement information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. The Sr. System Architect will ensure that all systems are functional and secure. As a lead member of the systems engineering staff, the Sr. System Architect Engineer is expected to have a broad background in the administration and support of all computing equipment.
- Performs installation, upgrades, customization and maintenance of the operating system and systems software products in support of the business.
- Installs server related hardware and software according to schedule, scope of objectives, and standards.
- Provides advice, training, and technical support to customers, leaders, and support staff.
- Working with the Security Specialist maintains security and integrity controls.
- Monitors the health of the server platforms to achieve optimum performance levels and makes preventative adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor the issues tracking system daily for customer issues that need immediate attention
- Provides in-depth diagnosis for operational systems software/hardware failures and develops solutions.
- Completes server and application projects as assigned.
- Creates and maintains documentation on the server environment.
- Recommends strategies and standards and provides capacity planning.
- Contracts with and supervises technical contract specialists and consultants
- Provides technical training for staff in the execution of their job responsibilities; identifies and arranges appropriate technical training for staff
- Prepares and runs informational and technical reports
- Reviews operation policies and procedures.
- Assists managerial staff in procuring equipment and service acquisitions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Disaster Recovery Site (Louisville Kentucky):
- Coordinates network and system projects with managerial staff and network staff/
- Implement system H/W setup and S/W installation from operating system level to application level; maintain and update system configuration and database in the real-time operating environment; provide round the clock system technical support
Customer [User] Service/Support:
- Maintains organizational relationship and effectiveness of the site
- Conducts scheduled tests as directed by Director of Operations.
- Promotes and continually builds excellent relationships with Users and representatives; effectively communicates orally, written and via presentations (as necessary) in technical and non-technical terms
- Assists Users and vendors through providing high-tech knowledge of the network operations, standards, policies and procedures
- Evaluates and continually monitors system hardware and software products.
- Monitors systems (to include applications) ensuring efficient utilization and identification of potential problems and resolutions thereof
- Investigates, defines and resolves system problems/issues
- Schedules, directs and conducts preventative maintenance of hardware equipment; network and system backups
- Utilizes and operates diagnostic equipment tools on mainframe and/or personal computers, lines and technical control monitors ensuring accuracy and availability
- Maintains Help Files which are consistently utilized by Customers/Users
- Maintains accurate reference information in the User's Guide
- Identifies opportunities and continually remains current on system and position expertise pertaining to both technical and administrative
DEVELOPMENT: Attend classes, seminars, conferences and training sessions to enhance and maintain professional skills and to be knowledgeable in technology issues and training techniques; Miscellaneous tasks as assigned. Remains current on job-specific and organizational topics through training courses, workshops, seminars, professional organizations, publications, etc. while enhancing, upgrading and learning new skill sets applicable to organizational requirements and goals.
- Ensures consistent compliance in documenting tactical network operations' and system functions
- Maintains and accurate inventory of all network communications components to ensure accuracy of inventory levels; documents all network configurations
- Analyzes control center system logs and various reports focused on enhancing performance and prevent potential problems/complications
- Continuously reviews and maintains User's Guide and other vital documents relative to the overall operation of the network system
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent 8 years combination of education, training, and experience.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Engineer (MCSE) certification is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating systems
- High-degree of technical knowledge related to hardware and software is required including Microsoft clustering, IIS, Anti-virus solutions, Window Operating Systems, TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and storage environments.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory in a Windows XP/2003/2000 environment.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL desired.
- Knowledge and experience with database mirroring and log shipping across networks for disaster recovery a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization (VMware).
- Experience with VMware Server and ESX, virtualization analysis, and consolidation.
- File server permissions delegation and rights management experience will be necessary.
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to customers' business needs.
- Must have strong team skills and a customer-support background handling complex hardware and software systems.
- Excellent computer and customer service skills, strong verbal communication skills, efficient organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work and learn independently, in addition to being a team player. Can-do attitude and time management skills are critical.
DLH Consulting, LLC - 19 months ago