System Developer 1 /Web
CyraCom International is recognized as the 2nd largest provider of Over-the-Phone Interpretation in the world by research firm Common Sense Advisory. With centers located in Tucson, Phoenix, and Las Cruces, NM, CyraCom has developed into one of the largest and most innovative language services companies in the United States. Named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in 2011, CyraCom, LLC, was awarded an exclusive endorsement from the American Hospital Association for its interpretation solutions.
JOB PURPOSE : Review, analyze, and modify programming systems as assigned, including coding, testing, debugging and program documentation. Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures as applied in stand-alone, web-based, and multi-tiered applications. Will work within a team environment under the direction of technical leads and project management. The position will involve ongoing training and skills improvement to keep current with the advance of technology. The position will require knowledge or exposure to the following technologies and languages: C#, HTML, XML & associated languages, T-SQL, ASP.Net, VS.Net, ADO.Net, Networking, Windows-based Security, and more.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities : Ability to organize and plan work adhering to priorities and deadlines; ability to prioritize and delegate multiple work projects; strong attention to detail and mathematical skills; excellent two-way communication, judgment, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities; ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations; excellent presentation skills and ability to favorably represent the company.
- Responsible for application and web page development under the direction of the Information Manager.
- Responsible for assisting with the development of data access, integration, and reporting through web interfaces.
- Provide ad hoc data reporting to business units as required.
- Support group meetings with department management and internal business units to apply sound business judgment in determining the appropriate solution design and requirements.
- Provide feedback and validation on program effectiveness and efficiency before live deployment.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and internal staff regarding application usage.
- Identify and track web metrics and statistics.
- Stay abreast of changing development technologies.
- Effectively manage time to meet objectives set forth by the Information Manager.
- Learn and become proficient with all the utilities, tools and standards at Cyracom.
- Communicate within the department and with external business units as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Training : Bachelor degree in computer science, business, or related field preferred, although work experience will be considered.
Experience : One to three years’ experience developing web-based applications, specifically using the Microsoft .Net framework is preferred. Programming experience with C#, HTML, XML, ASP.Net, T-SQL, and Visual Studio .Net is desired. Additional knowledge of Perl and Java would be an additional benefit. Solid foundational knowledge and experience in Microsoft environments, Office applications, and basic networking is desired. Fluency in English is required.
Certificates/Licenses : Microsoft MCP a plus.
Work Location : Tucson, AZ. Administration Offices with frequent visits to other departments. Position requires regular on-call by telephone standby status.
CyraCom International, Inc.’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind. Cyracom International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
CyraCom International Inc. - 15 months ago