The System Director, Practice Management oversees the financial and operational performance of the employed physician groups throughout the clinical enterprise. He/she will collaborate with hospital leadership, Finance and Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) to develop and implement standards and processes which support financial viability and operational efficiency within physician practices. The Director will support the development of practice managers responsible for identification and resolution of budget variances and operational improvement. He/she will collaborate with RCM to identify sources and methods of data collection required for reporting of front-end operations, collections activity and physician productivity. The Director will develop and manage a business analytics team to support the identification of revenue opportunities and monitor the realization of financial goals.
The Director will support efforts related to the consolidation of corporate entities into an integrated and highly effective physician organization, including the migration to a unified practice management system. The Director will also work to continually improve internal communication of system initiatives to organizational leadership, physicians and staff.
Education, Training, Experience:
- This position reports to the SVP, Physician Network Development; the individual must be able to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed organization and be able to build consensus across multiple constituencies.
- In collaboration with key CHS executive leadership, develops and implements standard business processes for clinical practices which create a unified practice management program throughout the physician enterprise.
- Educates practice managers on front-end processes and revenue cycle standards and the development of corrective action plans using key performance indicators.
- Reviews budgetary variances with practice managers; ensures appropriate analyses to identify root causes and the development of performance improvement plans.
- Develops and oversees business analytics team; ensures integrity and meaningfulness of reports and timely availability of information.
- Identifies opportunities for the improvement of on-boarding processes and integration of business processes with newly acquired practices.
- Collaborates with Epic teams to identify and implement key operational changes required for efficient practice operations and adherence to best practice standards.
- Identifies, recommends and implements technology to improve operations.
- Monitors and improves the processes related to on-boarding of newly employed physicians, mid-level providers and practice staff; ensure appropriate methods of communication and integration of activities.
- Develops a monitored process which orients new physicians and staff to policies, procedures, HIPAA and compliance training.
- Collaborates with RCM leadership to develop systems and tools for data collection and analysis of operational and financial performance of practice, including KPI and benchmark reports.
- Working with practice management staff, communicates process improvement initiatives to hospital and physician organization leadership.
- In conjunction with revenue cycle management and practice management teams, ensures compliance with CHI policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with the Compliance for practice related issues, as needed.
- Ensures the coordination of effort across functional areas for system wide initiatives throughout the physician organization.
- Other duties, as assigned, based on organizational need.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
- A minimum of ten years work experience in a large, complex hospital or healthcare system required, preferably with a focus on physician reimbursement and/or practice management.
- Extensive knowledge of physician practice operations and best practice industry standards.
- Extensive experience in the knowledge and use of practice management system(s).
- Extensive knowledge of reimbursement guidelines from government and third party payers, and ability to identify and realize revenue opportunities based on development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Ability to train professionals in the identification, valuation and realization of revenue opportunities within physician practices.
- Proven track record of accountability and results related to performance improvement within physician practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills.
Catholic Health Services of Long Island - 11 months ago