Responsibilities System Director of Employee Health and Wellness
Scott & White Healthcare has an exciting new opportunity for a passionate and experienced Employee Health and Wellness professional who is interested in developing a strategy that supports a culture of good health at a world class healthcare system. We believe that a healthcare organization ought to have a healthy workforce. We also believe that having a healthy workforce is critical to having high performing and engaged staff. The Director will develop and drive the execution of the strategy to deliver on its goal of being the best place for high performers to work by creating a culture of good health.
The System Director, Employee Health and Wellness is responsible for the Employee Wellness Department and Occupational Health Services for the Scott & White System and its more than 13,000 staff members in central Texas. This position develops Employee Wellness strategies that support the organization¿s mission and manages the successful delivery of the programs. This position plans, coordinates and implements system-wide Occupational/Employee Health processes that maintain compliance with applicable rules, regulations and procedures.
- Sets the strategic direction for the Employee Health and Wellness programs. Develops strategies that have a measureable impact on the health of S&W staff members and the community. Works with system leaders to implement identified strategies. 20%
- Directs the operations of the Employee Health and Wellness department to develop, coordinate and implement employee and wellness programs. 10%
- Creates the operational business plans for the Wellness and Occ/Employee Health departments. 10%
- Manages vendors to control costs and ensure deliverables. Establishes and maintains service level agreements with vendors. 10%
- Participates in the development of scalable and marketable employee health and wellness programs and services. Engages potential clients by participating in community events and organizations, public speaking engagements and other public awareness opportunities. Coordinates business opportunities with the S&W Health Plan. 10%
- Responsible for system wide Occupational/Employee Health and Wellness programs. This includes ensuring that appropriate screenings, testing, vaccinations, education and work related examinations are completed in accordance with the standards set forth by OSHA, JCAHO, applicable federal and state regulations, and the policies and procedures of the organization. 10%
- Develops priorities for Occ/Employee Health and Wellness process needs and works with all S&W facilities to standardize processes. Reviews protocols and processes on a periodic basis to assure the processes remain current and responsive to organizational needs. 10%
- Coordinates activities among departments (Human Resources, Legal/Risk Management, Safety, and Infection Control) to maintain compliance with standards. 10%
- Assures active department participation in quality and employee safety activities. 10%
- Other duties as assigned.
Scott & White is a fully integrated health system and is the largest multi-specialty practice in Texas, as well as, the sixth largest group practice in the nation. Scott & White Healthcare employs more than 1,100 providers, physicians and research scientists who care for patients covering 30,000 square miles across Central Texas. Scott & White owns, is partnered with, or manages 12 hospitals across Central Texas. The cornerstone Scott & White facility is a 636-bed Level I Trauma acute care facility in Temple, along with an additional 50-bed Long Term Acute Care Hospital, a 150-bed acute care Children¿s hospital in Temple, a 76-bed acute care facility in Round Rock (greater Austin area) and a network of 70 primary and specialty clinics throughout the Central Texas Region.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Prefer Nursing, M.D., Masters of Public Health, Nutrition, Health Promotion or similar background
- 6 years of experience required
- Clinical experience preferred
- Corporate Wellness experince preferred
- Ability to develop a wellness culture that is supported by senior leaders
- Ability to align wellness programs with organizational mission and objectives
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge in corrective action planning
- Ability to design, develop, deliver and measure the effectiveness of programs and services
Department: Human Resources
Standard Hours Per Week: 40