Position: Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Code: SASD
Accelrys (NASDAQ: ACCL): Is the leading scientific enterprise research and development software and services company that supports the life sciences, chemical and materials industries. Our customer base includes the world’s largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical and petroleum companies. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
This lead position will be responsible for building and maintaining our data center infrastructure as a part of the Information Technology team. Working closely with engineers and developers across the organization, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for installation, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of the company’s internal I.T. systems. Other responsibilities include providing technical solutions and support for non-routine, complex technical issues as well as addressing performance analysis and capacity management. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to help us lead the company’s efforts in designing and implementation of cloud computing technologies.
The candidate will have a strong background in systems administration, understanding of the components of network infrastructure, including hardware platforms, OS, virtualization, application, databases, web and application servers. Prior experience in systems administration or engineering and managing large-scale server infrastructure is required.
A Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of proven, related experience or 6+ years of progressively more responsible systems experience is required.
- Solid experience with Linux.
- At least working knowledge of bash, awk, Perl.
- Familiarity with SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or similar technologies.
- Experience with systems management platforms.
- Knowledge of fundamental services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, POP).
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage technologies.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies (VSphere, VCD, etc)
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
At Accelrys, we believe better solutions and decisions are born of diversity and are proudly an EEO/AA employer.
Please refer to the following link in order to apply: https://www5.ultirecruit.com/ACC1007/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan or email@example.com