Carestream Health is looking for a strong System Engineer with experience working with Mechanical, Electrical and Software products.
The System Engineer will have broad experience in providing technical leadership across a multi-disciplined project team on complex medical device designs from the conceptual phase through successful product launch.
• Assisting in the creation of customer requirements and establishing the product requirements, systems level architecture design, and interface design definition by collaborating with cross-functional disciplines within the product development environment.
• Collaborate with department function peers and Project Mangers to create integrated technical designs and project schedules, ensuring that mechanical, electrical, and software subsystems function reliably as one integrated system.
• Facilitate architectural and design decisions to ensure on-time delivery of quality products, within cost, schedule, and performance constraints
• Drive hardware and firmware development through the product lifecycle within a stage/phase gate, utilizing risk management techniques and automated requirements traceability tools
• Ensure project team translates market-driven requirements into technical specifications, and ultimately flows them down into lower level hardware and firmware requirement documents
Required Skills & Experience:
• BS or MS degree in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, or Computer Science.
• Minimum 10 years experience as a Systems Engineer
• Experience working in a regulated industry (i.e. medical, aeronautics, nuclear) developing medical devices or complex electromechanical systems controlled by embedded/application software.
• Experience in the creation of customer requirements and establishing the product requirements, systems level architecture design, and interface design definition by collaborating with cross-functional disciplines within the product development environment.
• Working knowledge of stage/phase-gate product development process. Successful product life cycle experience, from the conceptual stage through product launch and into post-launch support.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills. Self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision. Ability to multi-task and provide expertise across multiple projects. Good oral and written communication skills, especially technical writing
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nanomaterials.
This role supports the Digital Medical Solutions Division:
Digital Medical Solutions (DMS) is the second largest business in Carestream Health, Inc. In support of the corporate vision and promise of “helping customers do their jobs better, faster, and more cost effectively,” we are proud that DMS provides products and services for three major business areas: Digital Capture Solutions (DCS), Healthcare Information Solutions (HCIS), and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). This position is within our Digital Medical Solutions Organization which focuses on CR (computed radiography)/ DR (digital radiography) technologies.
Carestream Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream Health - 11 months ago
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...