Title: Systems Engineer
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The company's solutions enable customers to protect and better use their information—regardless of its format, location or lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data, emails and more for organizations around the world. Visit www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/IronMountainInc for more information.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing Archive operations processes and procedures used to provide service delivery. This person will work independently and as a leader in a group of other development professionals to define solutions to business problems, analyze existing application processes, and develop creative solutions to improve service delivery. Systems engineer will have responsibility for identifying system bugs, developing workarounds and implementing new methods to measure and monitor application performance and throughput.
Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts productive meetings and is responsible for detailed tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Communicates to Management regarding status of specific problems or projects. Provides technical support on systems and application technologies. Troubleshoots complex technical problems.
Essential/Key Areas of Responsibility
Working with collaboratively with systems administrators, software development professionals and computer operations specialists the successful candidate will use their experience in system administration, scripting, and programming skills to;
- Develop quantitative methods for reporting system performance and throughput.
- Provide continuous improvements to the reporting process, including monitoring capabilities and work flow enhancements.
- Create reporting methods to measure availability, process integrity and up-to-date application performance data.
- Improve service delivery by sustaining data processing within expected and committed SLAs
- Define and develop Archive workflow/logical definition for Operations processes required to support application availability and maintain service levels
- Identify problems and issues in real time and work to reduce service disruptions, improve system availability and minimize required operator interaction through automation.
- Continued evolution of monitoring to meet business and technological changes
- Work to support “Business Critical” applications
- Service Level Management
- Cross platform experience (Windows/Linux/Unix hands on support)
- Written operational scripts to gather performance and trend data
- Exposure to high volume rapid growth technology environment
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years software industry experience.
At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information...