Description on Group: |
Responsible for Daily Technical Operations including Application Management and Support for all NASDAQ OMX provided services. This includes Technical Operations and Application Support, managing Incidents for both internal and external customers, installing application updates and maintaining operational documentation and procedures.
Typical Job Functions:
- Real-time monitoring of core trading system for software/hardware errors, failures and capacity issues; troubleshoot, diagnose and escalate to senior analysts and development.
- Follows and updates procedures for startup and shutdown of core trading system.
- Confer with senior Java development team to understand new or revised systems, discuss system design issues, resolve problems related to programming specifications, and test and roll-out system changes and upgrades.
- Ensure that current procedures and related information about the existing system are accurately documented.
- Reviews system capabilities, department workflow, and scheduling requirements to determine when requested project can be accomplished.
- Reviews technical reports and instructional manuals that document program development.
- Troubleshoot order entry and market data connectivity issues with clients, exchanges, market centers, and network providers.
- Offer application support to internal Trade Desk staff in order to resolve issues with orders, trades, executions and etc.
- Responsible for managing and operating failover scripts for all critical applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, i.e. boot process, command-line troubleshooting, systems administration, usage of tools such as sed and awk, etc
- Demonstrated excellence in any scripting language, i.e. BASH, Perl, Python
- Excellent working knowledge of kernel/network stacks, must be prepared to answer technical questions on the subject during the interview (packet capture analysis, performance tuning, etc)
- Experience working in a real-time environment within a trading or financial capacity is also a plus
- Multi-tasking is required and detail-oriented is critical in highly reliable system
- Education: Degree qualified in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience in Data Center, Trading, Computer, or Network Operations.
- Experience Required: 6 to 8 years.
Special Qualifications: Certifications relevant for the role
This is a regular full time position located in XXX. Desired start date is as soon as possible. As the selection and interview process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible.
The NASDAQ OMX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
See Job Description