System Project Management Office Analyst
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.
SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.
St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.
Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
Under the direction of the System Project Management Office (PMO) Director or Project Management Director (as applicable), the
System PMO Analyst
position has accountability for quantifying, monitoring, supporting and reporting the implementation performance of programs and projects in a complex, time- intensive environment. The PMO Analyst builds and maintains the project management application and database. The individual develops tools and reports for tracking system-wide resource utilization and intersection among SJH programs and projects. Along with all members of the PMO, the PMO analyst has responsibility for developing and implementing Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Lean based project management methodologies, tools, templates, processes and standard work, mentoring project managers in their use and ensuring compliance..
Additionally, this position is expected to integrate Improving Performance: The St. Joseph Way into activities and assignments. Built on LEAN principles, the St. Joseph Way is based on the concept that a performance improvement culture grows from leadership’s unrelenting commitment to lean practices which over time become habitual and lead to a change in the staff’s hearts and minds about the meaning of their work. The goal of this transformation is the creation of a high performing, safe, and prosperous healthcare ministry.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management Competencies:
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication, interpersonal relations and leading courageously.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business / job specific knowledge.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
Develops and implements Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Lean based project management methodologies, tools, templates, processes and standard work and mentors project managers in their use and ensures program/project compliance.
Analyzes program/project budgets and quantifies financial progress for all programs/projects using techniques including but not limited to, earned value.
Interprets data on program/project performance and translates it into meaningful information and executive level dashboards that supports leadership in decision making, determining action steps and developing countermeasures.
Creates ad-hoc financial and qualitative reports as requested and acts as a resource for statistical analysis, data analysis, written and graphical reports and data presentation.
Develops, maintains and assures integrity of a project management and reporting application and database and creates reports as requested.
Develops presentation materials and attends huddles and project meetings where PMO support may be required and to support data analytic presentations and answer questions from data owners.
Supports the project managers in by both anticipating and responding to their needs and requests
Builds and administers the SharePoint websites and visual management
Other duties as assigned
Performs other activities related to departmental duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Understanding of project management methodologies
• Understanding of healthcare terminology and care delivery processes in inpatient and outpatient settings.
• Advanced knowledge presentation software (freelance or PowerPoint).
• Advanced use of spreadsheets with the ability to development of pivot tables, utilize v-lookups and use of macros.
• Ability to analyze data, consciously recognize any errors present and develop executive summaries based on interpretive findings; demonstrated ability to execute analytical thought processes.
• Ability to create and develop graphs and charts utilizing MS Excel and incorporating into PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of relational databases
• Strong market research skills.
• Strong quantitative analysis (including statistical analysis), root cause analysis, logical structuring and business case development skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team; excellent networking and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to translate data and findings into information and display it in a useful manner for constituents.
• Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
• Maintains confidentiality of internal and external patient / customer data.
• Abides by our contractual responsibilities to maintain the confidentiality of external data.
• Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years related experience.
License / Certification: Valid California driver’s license.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Masters degree preferred
Prefer degree in Business/Health Administration or Health Policy
One to three years combined experience in data analysis and project coordination
ID 8500-E01 Project Management Office
3345 Michelson Drive
3345 Michelson Drive
Yes, 25 % of the Time
St. Joseph Health - 8 months ago