Ensure the reliability and availability of enterprise desktop systems across varied platforms (e.g., server, network, and related infrastructure technologies)
Auditing of computer systems to ensure they are compliant with existing security baseline. Makes recommendations for preventive measures as necessary
Research, analyze, and implement software patches for Operating Systems and CORE business applications.
Support and schedule operating systems patches, as well as layered software packages, in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
Routinely review software reports to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and configuration guidelines. Maintain 100% compliance with all upgrades or identify anomalies that prevent attaining 100% compliance
Perform external and internal security and vulnerability testing for clients using an established controlled testing methodology
Validate and support vulnerability findings by identifying false positives and reconciling those anomalies.
Research, analyze and implement Microsoft Group Policy settings to meet required audit finding results
Life cycle management of corporate desktop environments
Perform capacity planning to ensure systems maintenance
Perform software packaging duties for upgrades to existing vulnerable software which includes examining install media, packaging media into deliverable msi, incorporate package into delivery system and QA package for delivery
Support virtualization platform to ensure level of security and vulnerabilities audits are applied successfully
Write program scripts and/or perform coding
Diagnose and resolve system / application errors: troubleshooting and working with Windows Operating Systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, etc..)
Contribute to the development of policies and procedures related to installation, maintenance and inventory
Implement pre-defined hardware / software solutions
Assist with providing leadership and mentoring for Systems Programmer I on the team.
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Desktop Error Monitoring (DEM), Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM) or similar deployment technology
- 5 or more years of current systems programming or network administration experience
- Experience with Windows XP, Windows 7 operating system *Knowledge of storage management and change management tools and concepts
- Experience with virtualization technology such as VMware Workstation or Server, Hyper-V, RedHat KVM, Microsoft Virtual PC, etc…
- Knowledge of security management concepts
- Experience with command line functions and editors
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodology (PMM) or Product Change Management procedures
- Strong Microsoft with 2-5 years experience used within the last 1-2 years
- Strong Desktop Tools with 2-5 years experience used within the last 1-2 years
- Strong PC/Workstation Software with 2-5 years experience used in the last 1-2 years
- Strong Security 0-2 years experience used within the last 0-1 years
- Strong SCCM 2-5 years experience used within the last 0-1 years
Visual Solutions Inc., a nationally recognized, robust Staff Augmentation and Information Technology (IT) solutions provider, provides training, enterprise level consulting and information technology support specializing in services for federal and state Government agencies and commercial clients. Since 1995, VSI has consistently delivered excellence and expertise in the latest technology solutions to many Fortune 500 businesses, government agencies, the military, and educational institutions. Our corporate headquarters are in Jacksonville, Florida with nationwide service locations.
- Scripting Tools and Languages 0-1 years experience used within the last 2-5 years
If this position appeals to you, send your resume to:
Visual Solutions Inc.
Visual Solutions Inc. - 9 months ago
Focus on Excellence
VSI was founded in 1995 to provide robust IT solutions to companies ranging from small businesses to...