Develops and maintains efficient systems for collecting and analyzing hospital data, report quality-related data to state and national agencies. Utilizes statistical tools for understanding and displaying quality improvement data. Develops user-friendly, visually appealing reports for hospital management, the Board of Directors, and applicable external organizations.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Develops and maintains systems for collecting and analyzing hospital quality and patient safety (QPS) data, including working with our vendors to assure timely, accurate data submission and reporting
- Reports quality-related data to state and national agencies
- Develops visually appealing and meaningful QPS reports & automated scorecards for hospital management, the Board of Directors, and applicable external organizations
- Coordinates data driven activities of various quality-related hospital committees
- Collaborates with department managers and staff to identify and implement quality assurance and performance improvement initiatives based on data.
- Implements and efficiently uses software and systems to support the department’s goals.
- Creates new databases and reporting tools for monitoring, tracking and trending based on project specifications.
- Responsible for timely completion of projects, including timeline development and maintenance, and coordination of activities and data collection with requesting internal departments or external requestors.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with internal customers and external vendors, including individuals who are supervised by others.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team, including training of individuals on how to interpret data
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: BA/BS with healthcare analysis background. Master’s in healthcare business or analytic field preferred
- Ability to manage various sources of information and large data sets
- Proficiency in compiling data, creating reports and presenting information, including expertise with Crystal Reports (or similar reporting tool), SAS, SPSS, SQL query, MS Access and MS Excel
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of processes and systems to develop and deliver necessary education/ training to departmental staff and internal customers
- Ability to present ideas and information concisely, in a visually appealing, and statistically meaningful way to varied audiences
- Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule, yet be flexible enough to work off-hours to meet deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work and team relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers in a deadline drive, multi-tasked environment
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent problem solver
- Health Care Data Industry Experience
- 4 years increasingly complex database and data management responsibilities
- Knowledge of SQL
- Healthcare Analyst or Financial/Accounting Analyst experience desired
- Multiple data systems and models
- Knowledge of college-level statistical concepts and a high level of mathematical reasoning ability
- Familiarity with medical terminology and concepts, or a desire to learn
Software /Hardware: Preferred
- BI tools (Qlikview Preferred)
- Meditech Report Writer
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft Excel. Excel VBA or previous programming experience with a desire to learn Excel VBA is highly desirable.
- SPSS or SAS experience
- Crystal Reports Writing
Steward Health Care - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard