System Support Administrator
Karl Strauss Brewing Company is looking to add a System Support Administrator to our growing Home Office Team! The System Support Administrator is responsible for supporting the Home Office and remote locations with technical support of desktops, laptops and servers, application support and other related technology needs. Support includes specifications, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Provides Level 1 and Level 2 support on all company helpdesk tickets, while working with and supporting the Desktop Support Administrator.
- Maintains company Point of Sale (POS) systems while also maintaining company PCI compliance.
- Writes, Updates and Maintains company IT policies and procedures for supporting multiple different systems and solutions within the IT environment.
- Assesses, troubleshoots and resolves server related software and hardware issues.
- Preforms system upgrades by conferring with vendors and services, evaluating, testing and installing for enhancements or security reasons.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for company hardware and software
· Assesses company’s needs and recommends software or hardware purchases for enhancements or security.
- Assesses system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware and software.
- Provides training and assistance to office staff on all computer system applications and hardware functionality
- Analyzes daily logs for errors, then troubleshoots and resolves issues or directs to proper team member for further resolution.
- Works directly with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with all computing systems, equipment and software.
- Manages and maintains daily server backups for performance and reliability, while also performing testing of restore process to confirm reliability of backups.
- Provide after hours on-call support to all company assets during weekly rotations.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, or currently enrolled in program working towards degree.
- 4 + years experience supporting Windows XP/7 desktop/laptop, Windows 2003/2008 servers.
- 4 + years experience supporting Microsoft Office Suite 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- Experience managing and implementing IT projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience supporting retail Point of Sale systems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on desktops/ laptops and server equipment.
- Experience managing network switches, firewall, VPN's and other network equipment.
- Experience managing software update deployments on desktops, laptops and servers.
- Experience troubleshooting network, software and printing problems.
- Customer Service Experience a must.
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume as well as salary requirement to email@example.com, utilizing reference code IT1213.