Job Title: |
System Support Analyst - Shipboard Technology
Area of Interest:
Carnival Cruise Lines (“CCL”) is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival’s portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain, and P&O Cruises in Australia.
The primary responsibility of the System Support Analyst is to assist the shipboard IS Managers with supporting and maintaining shipboard systems at a high degree of availability. The analyst is a champion for the IS Managers, and functions as a liaison between shore-side IT teams and the IS Managers with the goal of resolving issues within SLA’s. Each analyst is responsible for up to 5 ships in the fleet.
• Respond to shipboard incidents and assist IS managers with resolution by ensuring that trouble tickets are complete and properly dispatched to the correct support group.
• Advise and assist IS Managers with trouble-shooting.
• Work with other IS support groups (Wintel Engineering, Network Engineering, Applications Development) to facilitate communication and escalation.
• Assist the IS Managers with supporting embarkation.*
• Review IS manager status reports and assist with problem resolution.
• Provide support for the applications managed by Shipboard. Technology, including Vingcard, A-Pass, Card Printing, and the interfaces between shipboard systems and SPMS.
• Guide the IS managers in maintaining fleet standards and dealing with requests for exceptions.
• Provide on-site support for Shipboard Technology projects including dry-docks and new-builds.*
• Participate in the evaluation and testing of new technology and applications proposed for deployment in the shipboard environment.
• Assist other IT departments with coordinating shipboard deployments.
• Contribute to the Shipboard Technology knowledge management system.
• Provide after hours and weekend on-call support 1 week a month.
*Travel will be required.
• Comprehensive understanding of shipboard IT operations including embarkation.
• Experience as a shipboard IS manager or IT officer is preferred.
• An overall degree of familiarity with technologies such as Sun/Solaris, VMware, TCP/IP, Cisco networking, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7 is necessary to fulfill the position responsibilities.
• Knowledge and experience supporting Dell and HP desktop hardware.
• Demonstrate the ability to be creative and effective in finding solutions to complex problems.
• Possess documentation skills needed to create and formalize procedures, standards, and processes.
• Organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to foster communication and collaboration across departments
• Excellent writing skills particularly as they apply to email.
Benefits as a member of the Carnival Team:
• A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
• Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
• A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment .
• Tuition Reimbursement is provided for company related professional career development.
• An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking.
• Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
• Paid vacation and sick time.
• An on-site fully accredited child development center.
• An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities.
• Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
Carnival Cruise Lines - 8 months ago
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...