Assumes a technical Application Services lead role in the support and maintenance of off-the-shelf and custom written applications. This includes implementation of Business Technology Solution changes into production, application monitoring, troubleshooting, software upgrades, and resolution of complex production application issues. Acts as an expert technical resource to internal IT groups and provides feedback and recommendations to management relative to the optimization of the environments and automation of repeatable tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works directly with users to resolve complex technical issues.
- Plays a role in the creation of new technical test and production environments and establishes appropriate standards and strategies for these environments.
- Assists in release planning. Works with the development team to ensure that any new release takes place with minimal impact.
- Uses a variety of tools and techniques to isolate, diagnose, and resolve application issues.
- Collects, summarizes, and clearly articulates information on software-related issues to the development teams.
- Manages application servers by monitoring the logs and statistics reports, updating the server software as appropriate.
- Ensures adequate backup and disaster recovery exists.
- Administers and monitors software integrations as required.
- Interacts with the Help Desk, the Network Operations Center, Data Center engineers, and other staff to provide second and third level support for enterprise-wide applications as well as other applications within the enterprise.
- Implements and puts into practice pro-active monitoring for better availability and performance.
- Document systems, processes, and procedures.
- Performs regular data security reviews.
- Performs application and system Disaster Recovery planning and exercises for Business Continuity.
- Automates standard procedures where possible.
- Conducts yearly user license analysis
- Application expert and liaison with application vendors.
- Oracle SQL, Oracle Client Server, Oracle PL/SQL, MS SQL, MS Access, Foglight
- Experience with Active Directory and Windows security.
- Technical Architecture: RDBMS System Implementation and Planning
- Demonstrated skill in major programming language preferably .NET, C# or other object oriented language
- Demonstrated skill with data analysis and queries
- Ability to troubleshoot IIS web server application pool crashes
- High level of skill in authoring MS SQL Server SQL for data analysis and troubleshooting
- Microsoft certification for Microsoft core technologies preferably Sharepoint and/or Microsoft server (2000 or later)
- Able to migrate and translate legacy functionality from existing legacy solution to Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong technical skills with the ability to coordinate, manage, and ensure the success of product deployments
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills