Cablevision Division Optimum/Bresnan Department Name Out Plant Maint-Casper Job Location WY / Rawlins Requisition ID 19313BR Position Type Full Time Description Basic Purpose:
Performs field technical work. Responsibilities include daily organization of service calls, customer relations, problem solving, and documentation of service issues and resolutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Performs any and all duties of personnel in Service Technician and Installer descriptions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
- Resolves service problems for customers in homes, apartment buildings and commercial properties.
- Promotes Optimum products and provides excellent customer service to every customer. May be required to meet sales goals.
- Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes-out trunk amplifiers, calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment for trunk lines and distribution lines.
- Maintains system levels as specified in system operating instructions; calculates amplifier output; sets and replaces distribution and line extender amplifiers.
- Diagnoses and changes out power supplies and line amplifiers in the field as required.
- Performs underground and aerial construction duties, including, but not limited to, assisting in installation of all rigid and semi-rigid coaxial cable, including pole line construction within the overhead plant and all underground installations; installation of all vaults, pedestals, boxes or equipment used to house company equipment; locating of existing underground cables and use of a cable fault locator (TDR); removing from service or transferring from pole to pole all of the above.
- Uses and maintains construction equipment including, but not limited to, trenchers, compressors, jackhammers, boring equipment, cable plow and concrete saw.
- Properly uses, stores and maintains VOM, DMM, system sweep, bench sweep, return loss bridge, spectrum analyzer and waveform monitor.
- Guys, lashes, relashes, pulls and splices cable.
- Performs all work in a safe manner ensuring the safety of co-workers, customers, the general public, and the employee. All work is done in compliance with the National Electric Code, National Electrical Safety Code, and OSHA regulations.
- Assists in designing minor plant extensions or modifications.
- Installs electronics and makes power connections.
- Properly uses, stores and maintains all test equipment used in system.
- Conducts system tests such as signal/noise, signal/hum, summation sweep, chart recording, return loss bridge, including monthly, semi-annual and annual tests.
- Assumes full responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of the entire distribution and trunk system.
- Prepares estimates for construction projects, providing bill of materials.
- Ensures projects are completed, including monitoring contractor progress, up to and including processing of invoices from contractors to assure Company specifications are met.
- Assists and effects interface for required revisions to strand and design maps.
- Climbs poles, ladders, towers, and other structures to attach cable and drops, as needed.
- Lifts and carries loads of up to 70 lbs; uses bucket truck when required.
- Drives Company vehicles safely, complying with all traffic regulations.
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- May be required to work standby duty, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required. Qualifications • High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience in a field technical position, including at least 12 months experience as a Service Technician.
- Certification as described in the Optimum Technical Advancement and Career Path Policy, including written, practical, and safety tests. Outside candidates will be expected to provide proof of comparable training completion, or with the approval of the Engineering Department, hired with the expectation that all tests will be passed within 180 days of hire.
- Ability to manipulate connectors, fasteners, wire and hand tools, including but not limited to shovels, picks, wrenches, and other general or specialized small hand tools.
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code, National Electrical Safety Code, and OSHA regulations.
- General knowledge of Fiber Optics technology, HFC networks, and OTDR traces
- With or without accommodation, must be physically capable of:
- climbing poles, ladders, towers and other structures, and
- lifting and carrying up to 70 lbs.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Neat and clean appearance.
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- The combined weight of a person's body and equipment must not exceed the standard 300-pound weight capacity designated to ladders and bucket trucks.
Drug Test, DMV and Background Check Required of Final Applicant
WE ARE FULLY COMMITTED TO AND STRIVE FOR DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE ANDENCOURAGE ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS TO APPLY
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 17 months ago
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...