System Work Equipment Analyst has the following major responsibilities:
- to ensure that our work equipment fleet is the most reliable and cost effective fleet that CN can afford
- to ensure that our work equipment assets are utilized to fullest extent possible
- to ensure that we a safe working environment by having a clear consistent fleet and operating instructions
Analyst Officer Position Responsibilities (Analyst as per org chart)
Build asset replacement plan on a yearly and 3-5 year horizon for our major work equipment fleet prepare Business case for Financial Planning
Complete machine technical specifications for submission to Supply Management prior to yearly Request For Quotations (RFQ).
- Submit Purchase requisition for equipment to be purchased.
- Monitor equipment deliveries and enter goods receipts upon completion
- Prepare AFE for equipment retirement and arrange for asset sale or disposals
- Maintain system information in SAP, act as system administrator and functional expert in SAP system to support field operations
- Develop and deliver training to field support personal on SAP processes and reporting
- Develop and communicate cost reporting process to field Managers,
- Perform analysis to identify core fleet to assist in development of Capital replacement plan.
- To ensure that consistent expectations of machine productivity and safety are monitored, communicated and improved
- To ensure that there is a clear and concise set of training and process instructions for operators and mechanics
- Monitor equipment utilization, focus on Tamper fleet using MobileNet data capture system
- Monitor operating budgets and provide analysis to Sr. Manager Work Equipment.
- Analyze capital workload to asses work equipment field capacity to ensure execution of the Capital plan.
In order to complete the above, the position must be able to:
- Assess present capacity of the work equipment fleet against present and future demands placed on the fleet
- Consider theoretical capacity/actual capacity as well as potential improvements in machinery and process improvements
- Build asset replacement plan based on present fleet size and reliability
- Prioritize asset replacement plan against demand and be able to fit the budget allotment
- Work with financial planning and supply management on ensuring proper purchases are made
- Build an equipment retirement plan in conjunction with the replacement plan
- Ensure that work equipment purchases are cost effective and as standardized as possible
- Be knowledgeable of present training programs
- Be able to assess the training requirements, advise on training delivery methodology to achieve cost effective results.
Monitor programs to ensure value added content.
- Keep up to date and evaluate technological advancements and ensure field operations are aware of impact to repair and operating processes.
Implement proven advancements.
- Translate process change (SAP) into meaningful and value added for the work equipment sub-function
- Ensure that present and future instructions regarding safe and consistent operation of machinery are communicated clearly, consistently and with urgency
- Working with the Regions build and ensure that major system work equipment schedules are adhered to, resulting in improved utilization i.e. undercutters etc
- Maintain present SAP database for equipment inventory, act as functional expert to support field operations
- Deliver training programs to Work Equipment field supervisors and Regional Managers on functionality, processes in SAP
- Implement and monitor MobileNet communications systems for productivity monitoring on key fleet assets.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineered equipment-capacity, reliability, safety etc.
- Financial ability to assess both major and minor purchases but also be able to assess economics of leasing options
- Ability to communicate effectively with all major stakeholders - Regional personnel, shop personnel, financial personnel, equipment suppliers etc.
- Ability to translate customer needs into practical deliverables
- In-depth knowledge of operator/mechanics requirements and skills
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft office, SAP PM Module, Microsoft Project
- Above average communication skills - oral and written
- Able to translate best practices into value added cost effectiveness especially with system wide equipment
- Able to work effectively with a large group of employees
- Must have business degree from 4 yr university.
Canadian National Railway - 4 months ago