We’re Patch, the trusted voice for local news and community engagement. We inform and connect the residents in our communities and simplify their everyday lives. We launched with just 3 sites in February 2009, and now are in more than 900 communities in 23 states across the country! Patch is revolutionizing the way neighbors connect with each other, their communities and the national conversation. We have more than 13 million unique visitors each month, a 30% increase in traffic year-over-year, and are continuing to grow. Patch is relentlessly focused on enhancing our platform to provide the best news and information, and to encourage users to interact. Our audience is engaged, and attractive to marketers looking to raise awareness, increase consideration and drive sales.
Patch is a premier brand within AOL’s portfolio of leading content sites. We are an entrepreneurial, start-up culture and, at the same time, able to leverage the scale and resources of our parent company. AOL is one of the largest producers of quality digital content and one of the world’s leading sellers of premium display advertising. Other brands in its portfolio include The Huffington Post, HuffPost Live, TechCrunch, Engagdet, MapQuest, Stylelist, KitchenDaily, Style Me Pretty, MAKERS, Gdgt, and so much more.
You can't truly serve a community unless you provide the help it needs most, which is why giving back is so important to us. We do it as part of our coverage — in a dedicated space that lets local charities and volunteers find each other — and with a program called "Give 5," through which we donate advertising space to charitable organizations and contribute our own time as volunteers. Our teams care about and live in Patch communities. After Hurricane Sandy, our Local Editors listened to their communities about what their needs were. This resulted in a global corporate initiative to get badly needed goods to those areas most affected.
As an integral member of Patch’s engineering team, you will own the evaluation, testing, and deployment of Patch’s rapidly evolving platform. Specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain build systems across the software development organization
- Have ownership over the stability of our git code repository, test and integration builds and deployment
- Investigate, recommend, and deploy state of the art build system technologies and best practices
- Manage release cycles across multiple software groups
- Coordinate with a dedicated off-site server operations team to build out and maintain testing QA staging and production environments
Preferred (but not required):
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining complex software build and release systems
- In-depth knowledge of source code control systems and techniques
- Expert in the use of software build and release tools, including: git, jira, etc.
- Experience managing continuous integration systems
- A desire to get your hands dirty while delivering web-based data applications
Patch offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. Patch Media is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
- Knowledge of Mac & Linux systems
- Familiar with web services
- Experience with one or more scripting languages
- Experience working with MySQL and other NoSQL solutions