Job Title: Systems Accounting Analyst II
Job ID: 02956
Division : Controller
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
There are 2 positions open.
Preferred candidates will have experience administering and supporting PeopleSoft Financials, PeopleSoft nVision, Crystal and SQR reports, and Oracle Hyperion Essbase applications.
Candidates may be considered for the Systems Accounting Senior Analyst position if skillsets, experience, and technical knowledge warrant.
This position uses intermediate financial systems and accounting knowledge to ensure accurate financial system transaction processing and support for managements' need for information. Evaluates, defines specifications, tests and maintains financial transaction processing and reporting systems. Establishes and maintains Sarbanes Oxley controls over financial systems and defines and documents all interfaced links from production systems to help ensure integrity in all financial reporting. Analyzes, verifies and creates statutory, GAAP, planning and statistical reporting for all companies using financial and analytical system tools.
- Control of Data Integration into and within Financial Systems (45%)
- Leads or participates on teams to define and/or monitor controls that ensure the accounting integrity and efficiency of: general ledger, accounts payable, expenses, budgeting, expense allocations, profit planning and asset management processes.
- Leads or participates on teams that establish processes that ensure continuity, completeness and accurate integration of premium, billing, receivable, payment and collection system information into financial systems. Monitors established controls. Defines, tests and/or verifies related Sarbanes/Oxley controls.
- Analyzes financial systems information or production system integration information to identify the cause of problems detected by established controls. Works as a team member or independently to propose and/or implement resolutions of identified issues.
- Participates on or leads teams responsible for implementing all changes and upgrades made to general ledger, accounts payable, expenses, asset management, profit planning, expense allocations and the budget. Leads or participates in training of utilization of systems. Tests or approves all updates to authorize implementation into production.
- Leads or participates on teams with our statistical agents, state regulatory departments and I/S to ensure that all statistical filings or assessment/surcharges for American Family, comply with various individual State or statistical agent requirements. This includes interpretation, testing and on-going evaluation of controls.
- Financial Reporting (35%)
- Supports the production of the company financial reports through the creation and maintenance of financial reporting tools such as nVision, SQL, SQR, Crystal, and Query.
- Coordinates with I/S for the installation and updates to annual and quarterly statement software. Creates or assists with the data integration from financial systems into the annual and quarterly filing software that transmits information filed electronically to the NAIC, AM Best and all states where we do business.
- Establishes processes to collect and produce required information to file and accurately calculate assessments and surcharges that are payable to various regulators or statistical agents.
- Coordinates the timely completion of statistical filings to all statistical agents and individual states. Reviews established controls over information created for filing to ensure accuracy. Completes summary information required and transmits information to required agencies.
- Technical Expertise (15%)
- Continues to learn and gain professional operating knowledge of our financial tools and our financial software including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Budgeting, Expenses, Asset Management, Essbase, SQL, SQR, nVision and Crystal reports. Keeps abreast with current economic and technological developments and evaluate their impact on Company operations and provide recommendations on direction.
- Assists in the training of end users on reporting tools and understanding of data within financial applications and reports. This includes executive financial competencies, management budgeting competencies, management and peers within the controller's division and coworkers within Accounting Systems.
- Reviews and defines security access to financial applications. Determines role based security with conflicts of interest in mind to ensure SOX compliance.
- Maintains the division web site. Publishes and edits financial information.
- Provides or assists in providing financial and technical expertise to develop and maintain various insurance production systems. These systems deal with the processing and booking of premium income, loss expense, Accounts Receivable and Cash Received. Works with all levels of management to determine the most effective business processes and ensure Sarbanes/Oxley compliance.
- Performance Management/Dashboards (5%)
- Utilizes information systems and business financial knowledge to assist in the creation, structure, and calculation of databases that are used for expense analysis, quarterly operating reports, profit and growth planning for the organization and various analysis projects.
- Participates on teams to accumulate, organize, structure and define calculations of data within databases to accurately and consistently distribute information regarding corporate critical success factors and their drivers. Information included in analysis and testing comes from varied internal and external sources.
- Participates with I/S in designing and testing dashboard systems utilizing current software technology and the web.
- Participates on teams in the effort to help select automated tools/products.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Technical Expertise
- Demonstrated experience configuring financial software and utilizing related reporting tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of data integration and data quality control techniques.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting, accounting systems, budget, or tax concepts.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...