Summary of Responsibilities:
This individual will hold the primary responsibilities for project planning, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of the organizations infrastructure systems.
Essential Functions: Task and Duties:
- Create plans for future and current projects based on the intake of initiatives and organizational goals
- Ongoing evaluation of infrastructure utilization and life-cycling of legacy hardware
- Facilitate growth of datacenter infrastructure and planning of maintenance windows
- Planning and documenting disaster recovery and business continuity activities as they pertain to current company goals and initiatives
- Upholding of documentation standards and requirements
- Implementation and planning of a variety of server, network, and storage platforms
- Design, upgrade, and maintain virtualized infrastructure, storage systems, and networking systems
- Design of monitoring systems to maintain uptime and availability of key systems
- Provide resolution and preventative action for serious outages
- Design systems for data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Provide prompt resolution to escalated issues and outages
- Creation and maintenance of monitoring standards both proactive and reactive
- Leverage on call rotation schedule to ensure 24X7 availability of IT resources and escalation
- Provide training to System Administrator staff to ensure redundancy exists and knowledge of systems are transparent
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Work Experience:
- Knowledge or experience Redhat Linux management and deployment via Kick start process
- Expert knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 server, deployment, administration & maintenance
- Detailed understanding of Layer 3 routing, subnetting, and Windows networking
- Understanding of various interconnectivity methods, standards, and technology
- s MCSE/MCITP or similar qualify certifications expected Experience with implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Virtualized enterprise server hosts in VMware and KVM Experience with DNS, DHCP, NAT, and IP Routing Experience with F5 and iron port load balancers Experience with Vyatta, Netscreen Firewalls with VPN Experience with or implementation of netbackup platform or similar enterprise backup platforms Experience implementing and maintaining NAS and SAN technologies EMC Dell Servers and Hardware Cisco IOS Experience Experience with MS-SQL 2005/2008 and SQL high availability options as well as MySQL NoSQL distributed databases is a plus
- Superior documentation skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Organized and able to complete tasks or projects with limited guidance
- B.S. in Technology-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Information Technology field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PrivacyStar - 19 months ago