Tracking Code: 10296
The IRIS SA position will provide senior level support as a full time SA within the DNI/CFO/IRIS program. This position reports to the DRC/HPTG/ASD IRIS Program Manager (I-PM), and supports the on-site government IRIS Program Manager (gov-PM).
The primary functions of the resource will include:
- Perform general system administration duties on the existing IRIS environments, which include the development, test, and production environments, located in the customer site.
- Support Operations Duties and IRIS customer support as part of the operations team
- Monitor and administer the Applications and Database accesses for the IRIS team and their customer sets, including new accounts.
- Perform diagnostics as required on System Environments, as well as OPS Daily checks.
- Deploy all required SW upgrades and SW patches as directed.
- Develop and document procedures & scripts for all system administration functions.
- Lead the System Administration team and perform coaching duties for the team members as applicable.
- Perform daily checks on the systems hardware
- Support the investigation of new products as they relate to the IRIS environments.
- Perform trade analysis and COTS product evaluation as directed
- Support the maintenance of IRIS NextGen hardware and firmware.
- Support the ODNI CFO’s IPBS and CBJB cycles in an on-call fashion to ensure system availability during these critical times.
- Support the I-PM in implementing assigned CMMi level 3 compliant tasks
- Support Process Improvement initiatives as applicable and directed.
- Support the gov-PM and Deputy gov-PM as well as the I-PM in maintaining a cohesive and integrated team environment, as well as other duties as requested.
- Report and coordinate all activities, including but not limited to client discussions and meetings with other contractors or Government customers.
- Provide a written weekly status report by COB each Wednesday to the I-PM (free format), documenting the salient points of the previous week, and any major plans or events in the upcoming 30 days.
- Main OS environment is LINUX Based.
- Other Skills: PKI certification, Firewalls, Acceditation and access controls, JAVA, J2EE, UNIX, Windows, Tier 3 support (Help desk), HW configuration (preferably Blades), Oracle (preferrably 11g), SQL, HTML, Web servers, routers, MS Office.
- 4 Year Degree
- 10 years experience performing as a System Administration, demonstrating the required skills.
Job Location: Reston, VA, USA
Position Type: Full-Time
Dynamics Research Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job