Come join one of the San Diego region's most reputable and progressive public agencies. The Water Authority is seeking applications from qualified applicants to fill one regular full-time Systems Administration and Support Specialist position in the Administrative Services department. The San Diego County Water Authority was established in 1944 to supply the San Diego region with a safe and secure water supply. Through its 24 member agencies, including the City of San Diego, the Water Authority provides the San Diego region with up to 90 percent of its water supply. With an acute awareness of San Diego's dependence on imported water sources, the Water Authority has implemented numerous programs to diversify its water supply portfolio and protect the region’s economy.
The Water Authority’s compensation and benefits package includes medical (basic plan), dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, and Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) pension plan (employee pays 7 percent before taxes). Benefits also include: sick leave, vacation, 13 holidays, deferred compensation (457 plan), and tuition reimbursement. Employees make their own contributions to the Social Security System. Fringe benefits are subject to modification through collective bargaining.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
• Responds to inquiries and requests and provides technical assistance and support to end users on PC and peripheral equipment; troubleshoots hardware, software, network interface and other problems ranging from the simple to the complex; coordinates work of vendors utilized to resolve problems; identifies and resolves basic application software problems and questions.
• Performs systems and network administration responsibilities that support the sharing of data across computer/server platforms and systems; configures, installs and tests PCs, servers, workstations, workstation controllers, tape drives, CD-ROM communication devices and related equipment; monitors and evaluates disk space utilization; partitions and allocates disk space to achieve optimal utilization; performs regular systems backups; reviews, troubleshoots and makes corrections to cable installations; establishes settings and tests lines; installs and configures emulators; installs, upgrades, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains network software; and makes recommendations for optimal server architecture and data storage processes.
• Troubleshoots system and hardware problems to identify the source of problems and perform or request fixes or repairs; works with hardware vendors, maintenance contractors and others to identify
and resolve operating problems and perform repairs and maintenance.
• Evaluates and tests vendor products and software, including cloud solutions, for conformance with Water Authority requirements and standards; defines and provides options based on solid research; recommends the selection and purchase of hardware and software as required.
• Maintains required system documentation.
The qualification guidelines generally describe the knowledge and ability required to enter the job in order to successfully perform the assigned duties. Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
A minimum of two years experience performing the duties and responsibilities assigned to this class, with direct experience in multi-user, PC, server, and virtual server environment; ability to train users and respond to questions on system malfunctions providing on-line coaching and assistance as required; emphasis on customer-based, service-oriented experience; and completion of college-level coursework equivalent to 60 accredited semester units in information systems, computer information science, computer engineering technology, or a closely related field.
The successful candidate selected for this position must have experience in the following areas:
• Microsoft 2010 active directory
• Microsoft Exchange 2010
• Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
• Virtual server environment using VMware
• McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
To be considered for this position, please submit an employment Application online before the closing deadline. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Please consider applying early if you are new to the NeoGov application system to ensure timely and successful navigation. For technical assistance with the application system, please contact NeoGov at 1-888-636-4681.
All application and resume materials will be evaluated in relation to the criteria outlined in this posting. The selection process may consist of an oral board interview, skills assessment and/or other appropriate screening devices.
The San Diego County Water Authority is a public agency serving the San Diego region as a wholesale supplier of water from the Colorado...