Systems Administrator- Data.com
Location- San Mateo, CA
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading customers in their transformation to become social enterprises. Social enterprises are able to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services give customers the tools to create a true social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work, and innovate. With more than 9,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.5B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. We're also one of the "Best Places to Work" (FORTUNE). If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
Salesforce is transforming the data industry by providing sales, marketing, and IT professionals with direct access to the most complete and accurate source of business data – all in the cloud. With over 30 million crowd-sourced business contacts and 200 million D&B verified companies, Data.com is the only solution in the market today with best-in-class global data available directly within Salesforce. These contacts and accounts are continuously refreshed and updated in the cloud by a community of over 2 million business professionals as well as by patented data cleansing technology. Customers use Data.com, whether as a standalone data platform or as an integrated solution with Salesforce CRM, to power and grow their businesses in the cloud. Data.com, offers a startup opportunity within the leading enterprise cloud computing company in the world where you will be empowered to create and build the future of business data. As the fastest growing company within Salesforce, our goal is to build an organization of smart and ambitious people, committed to our mission of building the next billion-dollar business. Employees are focused on winning and delivering results. As such, a successful team member will clearly demonstrate the capacity for leadership, creativity, design-thinking, emotional engagement, business savvy, and a willingness to go to the mat to deliver results. The Data.com platform is the foundation for all of the Data.com product offerings. It is a highly scalable cloud infrastructure build with a modern database, in-memory and search architecture and handles millions of transactions a day.
· The Systems Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the Jigsaw production data center services including servers, operating systems, storage, and supporting systems.
· Troubleshoot internal and external applications, hardware problems, operating system issues and work with new services on a daily basis.
· Formulating and implementing monitoring, policies, procedures and standards relating to server and storage management.
· Ensure that all Sys Admin projects are documented, including design documents, ongoing status reports, and summary reports.
· Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation on a periodic basis.
· 3-5 years of Linux Administration experience supporting Java based applications.
· Experience supporting applications that use Apache, API web services, Search or Memcache.
· Demonstrated solid understanding of Linux internals, performance tuning and general systems trouble shooting skills.
· Experience developing system automation tools (using scripting language or config management tools).
· Experience with provisioning tools like Kickstart or Cobbler.
· Working knowledge of standard infrastructure tools. (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, SSH, SVN etc)
· Experience with open source monitoring and graphing tools (nagios, ganglia, graphite)
· Demonstrated understanding and respect of change-control process management
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Exposure to open source infrastructure management and automation tools.
· Familiarity with principles for devops and continuous integration methodologies.
· Experience with high availability systems and storage solutions / architectures.
· Initiates some new responsibilities and helps to plan for the future of the site.