Provide support for application software, operating systems, computer hardware and associated networks for the 24 x 7 operation of specialized computer systems in a leading electric transmission company.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Monitor system stability and performance.
- Perform periodic maintenance, debug and repair user and client systems software and hardware (physical and virtual).
- Provide support for proprietary database changes and post processing.
- Perform the management, configuration and testing of hardware and software in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Implement software changes and patches, working with software vendors and contractors, as required.
- Perform hardware changes and repairs, working with hardware vendors and contractors, as required.
- Support malware, anti-virus and other security facilities.
- Participate in the team rotation of 24/7 support to troubleshoot and resolve critical hardware and software issues by working with customers, contractors and system vendors, as required.
- Provide mentoring, guidance, training and work assignments to team members when lead administrator on a project.
- Communicate with managers and user groups to provide status updates, input and alternatives for business processes, security considerations and infrastructure impacts and requirements.
- Assist in the improvement of departmental standards, naming conventions, protocols, procedures, guidelines and test plans for systems.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or ten (10) years of experience in Computer Information Systems, including a combination of network, server and desktop support;
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Systems plus eight (8) years of professional level experience with computer application administration.
- Minimum of six (6) years of professional application administration experience, including experience in targeted high availability environments, as identified in job posting.
- Must possess sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Detailed functional knowledge of application/system administration facilities, as identified in job posting.
- Detailed functional knowledge of computer operating systems used in targeted environment, as identified in job posting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 7 months ago