Who We Are:
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
What you’ll do:
The successful candidate is a self-motivated, quick learner with a broad range of systems administration experience with a focus on server and workstation administration, network security, data protection, and day to day operations at all classification levels. Weekly care and feeding for data backups and anti-virus. Must cross train and be available on short notice to provide real time support as necessary. Support audio video needs for conference rooms, technical support for offsite and on site meetings as well as special events as needed. Provide insight to management for growth, changes, and troubleshooting for any system or project. Specific job duties include:
• Ensure all infrastructure systems are checked regularly for abnormalities and coordinate/oversee corrective actions. Trouble-shoot and repair personal computer and peripheral equipment problems to the board, device, or component levels as appropriate.
• Interact with and support executive leadership. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment
• Provide first level user support as necessary. Answer and record all phone calls and e-mails; maintain documentation records to log and track problems and resolutions as appropriate.
• Support for meetings requiring high end display and audio visual systems, to include classified resources.
• Solve computer workstation problems following established policies and procedures
• May develop procedures for the efficient operation of the help desk functions and participates in process improvement activities
• Exercises judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
• Successful project planning, growth, and troubleshooting using knowledge from past experiences.
• Ensure consistent backups and day to day operations for all systems.
• Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
• Support three local offices in the DC area. Some travel to other locations as required.
What you’ll need:
• BS in Information Technology plus 2 or more years of experience in the Information Technology field.
• Ability to work independently and be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with IT teams in other locations.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
• Interface effectively with people at all levels and from diverse areas including both internal executive management and external customers.
• Ability to translate and communicate technical information for non-technical users, ability to make technical resources transparent to users.
• Ability to “change gears” rapidly and provide support when and where needed quickly to “fill the gaps”.
• Support special requirements for complex technology demos and briefings.
• Experience with enterprise data backup systems and A/V systems.
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Microsoft Office 2007/2010. Windows 7, and Dell Hardware.
• Development experience with Perl, VB, C#, or Shell Scripts a plus but not required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree may substitute for two years of related experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Ball Aerospace is an innovative, performance-focused aerospace and defense contractor with more than 3,000 employees. The company...