The System Administrator – Level 2 is responsible for installing/configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting network, server, and storage systems under the supervision of the Information Technology Manager.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- Documents and maintains written documentation of equipment configurations, settings, changes and other details as needed.
- Assists in monitoring, notification, resolution and documentation of system security issues, outages and other problems as they arise.
- Assists with testing, deployment and documentation of system patches, security fixes and feature enhancements.
- Provide level 2 support for core infrastructure systems such as Terminal Services, Exchange, Networking, SQL Server, File Servers, Print Servers, Virtualization environment and other key systems.
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting of connectivity issues, network bottlenecks and overall statistics reporting for LAN/WAN utilization.
- Oversees the installation of client department-specific applications and systems. Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
- Upgrade and Innovate around supported systems to keep technology capabilities growing and aligned with the business organization needs. This includes understanding the new capabilities of upgraded systems in order to properly implement changes.
- Any other duties assigned by the Information Technology Manager.
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Server 2003 and Server 2008 Experience required
- Must have experience administering Active Directory, Group Policy (including Deployment), NTFS file systems (including performance, quotas and audit tracking), server applications (such as Exchange, SQL Server, Symantec Backup Exec, etc..), data backup and recovery as well as server hardware.
- Must have experience installing and configuring rack-mounted Servers, Switches, UPS and other devices.
- Shall have a minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Systems Administrator administering user accounts, performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, preforming backups, configuration management and general system maintenance.
- Shall have strong customer service, organizational skills and capable of working within team environments.
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
- Knowledge of applicable industry governing laws such as HIPAA and Sarbanes Oxley
- Knowledge of Powershell Scripting, Systems automation, Advanced Security principals, SAN storage and Cisco Networking/Firewall Experience.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Omnicare, Inc - 2 years ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...