Responsible for deploying the release of new technologies as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
Also responsible for providing desktop support for end users including IP Telephony.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products
- Controls user access and passwords
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitors usage and performance
- Trains personnel on system usage
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Considerable knowledge of system design methods and techniques. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three years of experience.
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of storage management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of network monitoring and tools
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Knowledge of IP Telephony
- Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Skill in software installation and maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Desktop Service and Support
FIS Global - 2 years ago