Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Would you consider yourself tech savvy? Do you pride yourself in being a subject matter expert? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, free coffee, employee events, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning.
As Systems Administrator II, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the acquisition, installation, and use of computer operating systems. Whatever the responsibilities, you'll have lots of opportunity to make your impact at Ellucian.
You will add value by:
- Administering multiple mission-critical application servers running various operating systems at the client site including Windows Servers, SQL Servers, Cisco VOIP, VMWare, VDI and Exchange.
- Performing technical tasks related to the installation and maintenance of systems software products.
- Supporting applications including Internet email systems, public Internet and internal Intranet Web services and network management platforms on enterprise-wide system.
- Maintaining user accounts, mailing lists and related systems.
- Coordinating activities with vendors and outside consultants to provide support for the range of Windows-based systems.
- Creating and maintaining full documentation of all systems, applications, security and network configurations.
- Evaluating and recommending the purchase of hardware, software, and technical services.
- Assisting in the creation of work plans and planning documents.
- Implementing, maintaining, and supporting network firewalls, audit log servers, and security systems.
- Providing administrative, technical support, and maintenance services for the IT department's database and applications development activities.
- Resolving technical support issues related to servers, neworks, Internet, and client-server systems.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience installing, patching and managing Windows Servers and VMWare. Experience with CISCO VOIP and VDI a plus.
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...