Act as a technical lead on key Microsoft based technology projects, ensuring implementations follow best practices and are in line with project objectives.
• Provide internal level 3 support on Microsoft technologies within IT Operations.
• Drive operational efficiencies of Windows infrastructure to the highest levels, through implementing effective service monitoring, maintenance programs and system design.
• Liaise with other technical groups to ensure that Standards and Technology are in line with overall technical direction of Lucasfilm and its companies.
• Maintain documentation and processes around Key Microsoft products in the organization.
• Mentor other Systems Administrators to advance their technical knowledge of Systems management and automation.
• Provide excellent customer support, including clear communications and issue resolution.
• Must carry pager during work and non-work hours and be available to be on-call when needed.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• 5-10 year’s hands-on experience designing, building and supporting Windows resources in a multi-platform, high performance production environment using Active Directory.
• Highly detailed understanding of Windows Operating Systems, including Windows 7 Enterprise, and Windows server products.
• Highly Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft based Enterprise technology, including Active Directory and associated Group Policy design and management.
• Proven experience designing, building, automating and running large-scale Microsoft based technical infrastructure in a multi site environment.
• Highly detailed working knowledge of DNS, LDAP, Kerberos, and DHCP.
• Proficient in Microsoft Visio and MS Office Suite.
• Highly detailed understanding in one or more current versions of the following technology products: Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SCCM, VMWare Enterprise Systems Virtualization
• Strong working knowledge of common Linux distros and/or Apple operating systems.
• Proven experience in systems automation with Windows based scripting / languages, such as PowerShell, VBS or .Net.
• Proven experience in mentoring System Administrators to increase their technical skills and abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent team player with a proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically.
• Detailed oriented, highly organized self-starter, able to multi-task without supervision.
• Comprehensive system documentation skills.
• Strong customer service attitude and the ability to work in a high performance computing production environment.
• Formal Project Management exposure / experience is a plus.
• ITIL Experience is a plus.