Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Code, test, and debug new software and make enhancements to existing software and systems to render their use more efficient. Using knowledge of systems engineering or computer programming, troubleshoot existing systems and streamline their operation. May collaborate with customer relationship staff to install proprietary software or systems in client sites and train client staff in its use. May document standard operation of a system or technical measures taken or recommended to improve a system's functionalities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain an operating system such as Windows, Unix or Linux in a defined operating environment, local network, or cluster of servers. May serve as lead among a team of administrators and engineers.
- Monitor and maintain the server infrastructure. Resolve various technical issues. Analyze system performance and address bottlenecks and other potential problems. Provide second tier technical support for assigned operating systems and servers.
- Support the integration and implementation of systems and applications on particular platforms. Coordinate testing on new hardware and software.
- Secure against potential vulnerabilities by complying with regulatory controls, SOX initiatives, and preventative maintenance to minimize risks and production outages.
- Assist the database and application development communities with the development of applications that will be able to run efficiently by specifying the scale and capabilities of the operating systems or environments in which they will be working.
- Execute operating systems changes. Perform any hardware or software related changes to the environment, such as: patch installs, security cleanup, new builds, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS (Required)
- 4 years of related experience
- 5 years of experience with Java environments
- Experience with troubleshooting issues; Developing and maintaining automation tools.
- Knowledge and experience with shell script languages such as Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, C Shell, and Perl.
- Knowledge of high Availability and DR Architecture.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS (Desired)
- Hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, JDBC, SQL, XML, JSP.
- Excellent understanding and experience with Application Servers like RedHat JBoss, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, and VMWare vFabric suite.
- Understanding and experience with Managed File Transfer technologies such as, Axway Synchrony Interchange and IBM Connect Direct.
- Architect experience, Analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Leadership skills.
- JVM tuning and optimization.
- Strong Java/J2EE design, development, and administration skills
- Infrastructure based experience to be able to recommend designs & solutions
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure devices (switches, routers, load balancers); Identity and access management systems (LDAP, CA Siteminder, Oracle Access Manager) is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 17 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...