The Systems Administrator Specialist will be responsible for operations and maintenance support to Government customer located in St. Louis, MO. The Systems Administrator Specialist will assist Imagery Analysts (IA’s) in system problem diagnosis and troubleshooting, submitting problem reports for site, calling in for daily meetings, keeping Site Lead, IA’s and key management informed with any site issues at all times. System Administrator Specialist will also support on-site hardware and software; to include all COTS software on multiple systems across multiple networks.
Will develop workarounds to user problems whenever necessary coordinate with third party maintenance providers, and other operational support activities including software installations and upgrades. Candidate will work in a multi-team environment supporting all technical issues on site. Systems Administrator Specialist will need to carry pager while on shift.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Provide general supervision and guidance for system administration team with: Maintaining all hardware and software contained with the baseline systems; Performing system backups and recovery; Assisting with the integration of new or modified systems into existing architectures; Assisting with system/network fault isolation resolution.
The candidate will communicate, orally and/or in writing, activities, findings, and recommendations to peers, supervisors and the Government customer.
The Systems Administrator Specialist will also support external interface troubleshooting, develop workarounds to user problems, conduct training of Government users, coordinate with third party maintenance providers, and other operational support activities including software installations and upgrades.
The candidate will provide on-site support (including nights and weekends) to perform the listed priority duties for our Government customer’s airborne operations.
Individuals qualified for this position will also:
Have the ability to manage multiple tasks at multiple locations with multiple deadlines and to work independently and respond effectively to crisis situations.
Involve various levels of management responsibility.
Provide problem information to key IT/IS and customer management.
Performs system backups and recovery.
Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
Provide integration support to transition projects.
Communicate by phone and in person with customers and building techs, at all levels.
Able to coordinate and interface with on-site maintenance organizations.
Working Knowledge of systems configuration management.
Working knowledge of information systems security requirements.
Have excellent written and oral communications skills.
Strong interpersonal skills, work well with others in a team environment, and must be highly self-motivated.
Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple deadlines and to work independently and respond effectively to crisis situations.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – Other Certifications and Job Qualifications:
- Ability to perform tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to function well in a rapidly changing environment with little or no direct supervision.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications.
- Experienced in troubleshooting hardware components, including but not limited to PC’s, Servers, Plasmas, Disk Drives, and associated components.
- Experience/familiarity with REMEDY.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working individually as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient with Windows Operating System.
- A successful candidate’s resume will demonstrate positive team skill experience.
- HP Server
- Knowledge of SIPRNET, JWICS, IEC and CWE
- Knowledge of NSGI systems and Customer's infrastructure is highly desired.
- Present briefings to Sr. Program Management, Customer Office representatives and building support technicians.
- CM Process knowledge regarding Change Control or Change Management Boards (CMBs/CCBs).
- Working Knowledge of systems configuration management.
- Working knowledge of information systems security requirements.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
Candidate must possess strong customer service and team skills, proven customer interaction and customer support experience.
Candidate should be familiar with our Government customer’s processes and procedures and have knowledge of their production systems and processes. Candidate should also possess common knowledge of the host building processes and procedures.
Prefer the candidate have some experience in the imagery intelligence domain.
Hardware architecture knowledge should include experience with Windows based systems, workstation/server architectures and configuration.
Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Gigabit Ethernet, LAN/WAN networking is also preferred.
Fluency with Microsoft Windows 2003and 2008 Server/XP Professional/SQL 2005 and HP Polyserve are highly prioritized.
NJVC, LLC - 12 months ago
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...