Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ... The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the fourteenth consecutive year in January 2012 and as one of America's Most Admired Companies for the eleventh year in March 2012.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself—are you the duck? If so, there’s a home—and a flourishing career—for you at Aflac.
It’s not what you can do; it’s what you will do. At Aflac IT, we get things done. As the support behind Aflac’s corporate operations, sales force, and business partners, Aflac IT employees not only benefit from this philosophy, but help carry it out. Just as Aflac has changed the insurance industry, Aflac IT will forever alter the way health care benefits reach people who need them most. And that’s something we can all be proud of.
Analyzes, installs, administers, and configures the infrastructure systems in a multi-platform environment (both mainframe/distributed) at the enterprise level; participates in capacity planning; supports the creation and the maintenance of infrastructure disaster recovery plans, monitors performance activities, and provides operational support. Implements and maintains software/hardware and analyzes performance; routinely configures and maintains physical and logical infrastructure components and provides support for them.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in medium to high-complexity projects providing daily operational support and maintenance of a multi-platform environment, such as mainframe and distributed
- Coordinates the installation, implementation, administration, configuration, and maintenance of operating systems at the enterprise level (desktops and servers) in a multi-platform environment
- Regulates systems performance; resolves system problems, capacity issues, and inoperability by tracking/reporting maintenance and fine-tuning systems to achieve optimum level of performance
- Participates in the development of disaster recovery plans, and develops the appropriate test plans
- Ensures the system’s compliance with the organization’s requirements through the implementation of, auditing of, and adherence to policies, procedures, and security standards
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating and managing the appropriate software/hardware solutions
- Monitors Aflac systems and services provided by vendors to ensure that service levels meet requirements
- Adheres to established policies and procedures as outlined by the organization
- Develops and implements software/hardware upgrades and system installations in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field and at least three years’ experience monitoring, analyzing, and maintaining computer system operations
- Experience working in a multi-platform environment, including mainframe and/or distributed (preferred)
- Microsoft MCSE (Windows 2000/2003) or MCSA (preferred)
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Service, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), pension, stock purchase plans, and many more.
Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, Aflac...