The client seeks highly skilled and innovative systems administrator/specialist to help manage and provide ongoing support for the Public Safety Computer environment.
This position is a specialized role for the development of the tools for administration and monitoring of the Public Safety Data Systems (PSDS) applications and systems infrastructure. Some of these activities include: application integration into real time reporting of metrics and alerts; PSDS administrative database development; configuration management tool development and support, system monitoring tool configuration and support, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data conversions, data extract and conversion for records management system reporting. The incumbent will be required to work directly with operations staff and following prescribed deployment methods for critical 911 data applications.
The incumbent will provide advanced systems programming and technical expertise in developing tools to manage, monitor and maintain servers and systems, and providing support to IT systems staff for problem resolution.
This position has 24-hour a day, seven-day a week responsibilities. ( Sometimes this person may need to come in outside the work hours for system maintenance and such – within the 40 hour distribution. As implemented on call rotation would need to work within the 40 hours if applicable– unless a need to expand upon the currently defined precedence – then a follow up discussion would need to take place. )
Job Requirements :
Additional Desired Requirements:
· This position requires knowledge and experience in key elements from Systems Administration, Database Administration and Systems Programming.
· Excellent technical skills are paramount, good oral and written communications skills are required.
· Demonstrated experience in writing database quires in SQL language
· Demonstrated experience in Unix (HPUX desired), LINUX and Windows server
· Demonstrated experience in HP Open View or other monitoring tools
· Demonstrated experience in Oracle, MySQL or other databases
· Demonstrated experience supporting large scale complex server environments
· Demonstrated experience in server virtualization through VMware or HyperV tools
· Demonstrated experience in data extraction and translation
· Demonstrated experience in change control management
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic network and security
· Demonstrated strong system analysis skills
· Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a production environment
Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Array Information Technology has become one of our nation’s leading IT products and services firms. Our “customer first” philosophy ensures that we provide our clients with “the best IT services and solutions” possible to optimize their business performance and meet operational goals. We provide new and emerging technologies and leading-edge solutions consistently delivering best-of-the-best industry programs and practices. Our foundation of success was built upon our commitment to our customers and the many talented professionals that we employ. We continually invest in the development of our team members and provide a supportive environment in which they can work closely with clients and have a direct impact on their mission-critical programs. Fostering strong partnerships with our clients and employees has become an integral part of our success. At ARRAY, we strive for 100% customer and employee satisfaction. www.arrayinfotech.com
Job Type :
Career Level :
Security Clearance required, if any: :
No Clearance Needed
From 00000 To 00000 USD Per Year
Gaithersburg Maryland US
ARRAY Information Technology - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard